Sao Tome and Principe
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Financing readiness: insights from the Amazon Fund and Congo Basin Forest Funds' efforts to reduce emissions from deforestation and degradation
- C. Watson; S. Nakhooda / Overseas Development Institute 2014
- Finance to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation, forest conservation, sustainable management of forests and the enhancement of forest carbon stocks (REDD+) has been innovatively structured to support ‘readi...
- Africa Adaptation Programme knowledge management needs survey report 2012
- A. Egan 2012
- This report is a broad assessment of the knowledge needs of the Africa Adaptation Programme (AAP) countries. It hopes to help these countries capture, share and capitalise on the wealth of climate- and development-related knowledge av...
- Lessons from REDD+ readiness implementation experience in the Republic of Congo: getting ready for REDD+ under uncertain, national circumstances
- P. Mbile / Congo Basin Forest Fund 2012
- This report presents lessons learned from readiness activities in the Republic of Congo towards reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation and the role of conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of f...
- Managing or mangling trade in Central Africa?
- South Centre 2007
- The Central African region is in the midst of two trade negotiations; an Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) with the European Union (EU), and the ongoing World Trade Organisation (WTO Doha) talks. This background note aims to increa...
- Paying for votes in Sao Tome and Principe
- Pedro Vicente / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2007
- Sao Tome and Principe in West Africa is one of the worlds poorest countries. But it is now set to profit from large offshore reserves of oil. This has made holding political power even more desirable and led to increased vote bu...
- Oil and corruption in São Tomé and Príncipe
- P. Vicente / ESRC Global Poverty Research Group 2006
- This paper is an attempt to deepen knowledge on the relationships between natural resources and corruption. Specifically, the paper attempts to understand whether there is a causal relationship from natural resource abundance to corru...
- Policies to address food security in small island economies in the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2005
- This paper presented to a special FAO ministerial session in 2005 outlines policies for food security in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) based around three main criteria: food availability depends on domest...
- Describes developments up to April 2000, including country feedback
- Debt Initiative for the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries, IMF 2000
- Describes developments in the PRSP programme, including Interim PRSPs (I-PRSPs) Issues raised by recipient countries have included growth and macroeconomic stability are critical for poverty reduction, but cannot...