Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Case studies on UNICEF programming in child protection
- United Nations Children's Fund 2014
- These case studies illustrate how UNICEF support is helping countries to strengthen child protection systems and promote social change to align social norms and practices with child protection. The case studies provide evidence of pos...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- What causes inequity in access to publicly funded health services that are supposedly free at the point of use? A case of user fee exemptions for older people in Senegal
- P. Mladovsky; M. Bâ / London School of Economics 2016
- Plan Sésame (PS) was launched in 2006 to provide free access to health services to Senegalese citizens aged 60 and over. As in many countries, this user fee exemption is marred by inequitable implementation. This study seeks to...
- Empowering women and girls to improve nutrition: building a sisterhood of success
- Scaling Up Nutrition 2016
- As evidence has long suggested, gender inequality can be a cause as well as an effect of hunger and malnutrition. Not surprisingly, higher levels of gender discrimination are associated with higher levels of both acute and chr...
- The Economic Impact of Telecommunications in Senegal
- R Katz; P Koutroumpis 2012
- While the economic impact of telecommunications has attracted the focus of attention of research in the past, the area of sub-Saharan Africa has only recently become the subject of inquiry. Furthermore, the study of the region represe...
- Impact of the Internet in Africa
- Dalberg Global Development Advisors 2013
- This report describes the role of the Internet on the socioeconomic development of Sub-Saharan Africa and its potential going forward. It builds atop a body of research that has sought to identify and measure the economic benefits of ...
- Sustainable cities: local solutions in the global south
- M. Robertson (ed) / International Development Research Centre 2012
- As the combined problems of urbanization, environmental degradation, and poverty become increasingly urgent, understanding the links between sustainability and poverty reduction is imperative. A sustainable urban future for all requir...
- Bringing learning to light: the role of citizen-led assessments in shifting the education agenda
- Results for Development Institute 2015
- As governments and donors focused on increasing access to education in the wake of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the issue of learning received comparatively little concerted attention. Some organisations working in countri...
- Care policy brief on the need to focus on resilience to tackle the hunger and poverty crisis affecting the Sahel region of Africa
- P. Gubbels / CARE International 2015
- Every year, over 20 million people suffer from chronic hunger, and are trapped in a debt and hunger cycle from which they cannot escape. Substantial humanitarian and development action is required in 2016 and beyond, yet this crisis i...
- Understanding patterns of climate resilient economic development: a synthesis
- Overseas Development Institute 2015
- Data availability and quality were one of the binding constraints throughout the development of the case studies: — as adaptation is context specific, the degree of geographical resolution must be high to arrive at meaningful, e...