Senegal and Conflict and security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS conflict collection
- Search for the latest conflict-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Understanding the Casamance conflict: A background
- A Fall / Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Training Centre 2010
- For the first decade of independence, West Africa became the theater of numerous armed conflicts. Whether it was bloody coups d’état, rebellions or violent separatist projects, no single West African country has escaped a...
- Rapid literature review: Gender in Fragile and Conflict-affected Situations
- E. Browne; H. Haider; F. Oddsdottir; B. Rohwerder; A. L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2014
- This rapid review collates a large amount of literature published in 2013 and 2014 (up to April 2014) on the topic of gender in fragile and conflict-affected situations (FCAS). It is not a systematic or exhaustive review, but does pro...
- The Adaptation Fund, Clean Development Mechanism and Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation Fund: some national and subnational experiences
- W. Whande; T Reddy / Center for Security Studies 2011
- With developing countries anticipating the flow of billions of dollars from developed countries to address the devastating impacts of climate change, it is important to recognise that the amounts of funding, the number of institutions...
- Wade’s Senegal and its relations with Guinea-Bissau: brother, patron or regional hegemon?
- V. Foucher / South African Institute of International Affairs 2013
- Opération Gabou was unquestionably one of the most impressive foreign policy initiatives undertaken by an independent Senegal. A military intervention that lasted from June 1998 to March 1999, it required Dakar to deploy more t...
- Overview of religious radicalism and the terrorist threat in Senegal
- B. Sambe / Institute for Security Studies 2013
- A new security dynamic has been induced in West Africa and beyond with the stepping-up of military action in the Malian conflict since the launch of France's Operation Serval on 11 January 2013, the African-led International Support M...
- Improving security and justice through security sector reform
- N. Bagayoko-Penone / Eldis Gateway to Development and Environment Information 2010
- Since the late 1990s, security sector reform (SSR) has emerged as a principal activity for promoting peace and stability, and a priority for donors in post-conflict countries. This issue of insights explores the concept of SSR as a co...
- Insights from political economy analysis for humanitarian interventions
- S. Collinson / Humanitarian Policy Group, ODI 2003
- What analytical tools can humanitarian agencies use to understand complex emergencies? What insights does political economy analysis produce for humanitarian interventions? This report documents the findings of an Overseas Development Insti...
- The city is not home: internally displaced persons in Senegal
- Martin Evans / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2007
- Relatively little is known about the people who have been displaced by the Casamance conflict of Senegal. The fact that many have moved to urban areas blurs the distinction between forced displacement and migration. Policymakers shoul...
- Making military and security forces in West Africa accountable
- Alan Bryden; Boubacar N'Diaye; Funmi Olonisakin / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2007
- Governments and civil society in many West African countries are trying to restore security. Democratising states or complete rebuilding of collapsed states provides opportunities for security sector reform (SSR). However, democratisa...
- An overview of the issue of internal displacement in West Africa
- Norwegian Refugee Council 2006
- In line with the IDMCs broader aim of giving a regional focus to its monitoring and advocacy on situations of internal displacement in some 50 countries worldwide, this report provides information and analysis on what is undoubt...