Senegal and Conflict and security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS conflict collection
- Search for the latest conflict-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Overview of religious radicalism and the terrorist threat in Senegal
- B. Sambe / Institute for Security Studies, South Africa, 2013
- A new security dynamic has been induced in West Africa and beyond with the stepping-up of military action in the Malian conflict since the launch of France's Operation Serval on 11 January 2013, the African-led International Support M...
- Improving security and justice through security sector reform
- N. Bagayoko-Penone / Eldis Gateway to Development and Environment Information, 2010
- Since the late 1990s, security sector reform (SSR) has emerged as a principal activity for promoting peace and stability, and a priority for donors in post-conflict countries. This issue of insights explores the concept of SSR as a co...
- Insights from political economy analysis for humanitarian interventions
- S. Collinson / Humanitarian Policy Group, ODI, 2003
- What analytical tools can humanitarian agencies use to understand complex emergencies? What insights does political economy analysis produce for humanitarian interventions? This report documents the findings of an Overseas Development Insti...
- The city is not home: internally displaced persons in Senegal
- Martin Evans / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2007
- Relatively little is known about the people who have been displaced by the Casamance conflict of Senegal. The fact that many have moved to urban areas blurs the distinction between forced displacement and migration. Policymakers shoul...
- Making military and security forces in West Africa accountable
- Alan Bryden; Boubacar N’Diaye; Funmi Olonisakin / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2007
- Governments and civil society in many West African countries are trying to restore security. Democratising states or complete rebuilding of collapsed states provides opportunities for security sector reform (SSR). However, democratisa...
- An overview of the issue of internal displacement in West Africa
- Norwegian Refugee Council, 2006
- In line with the IDMCs broader aim of giving a regional focus to its monitoring and advocacy on situations of internal displacement in some 50 countries worldwide, this report provides information and analysis on what is undoubt...
- Weapons in hands of West African youths spell trouble
- N. Florquin; E. G. Berman / Small Arms Survey, 2005
- This study looks at the armed groups and small arms in the 15 member countries of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region. Armed groups in this report are defined as groups that have the capacity to challenge the...
- Overview of HIV/AIDS and governance in West Africa based on six country case studies
- A. Roderick / Justice Africa, 2004
- This paper from the African Civil Society Governance and AIDS Initiative (GAIN) provides an overview of the AIDS and governance situation in West Africa. GAIN was founded in South Africa in October 2003, and is the centre of a global ...
- How does ethinic inequality affect child health in Sub-Saharan Africa?
- M. Brockerhoff; P. Hewett / Bulletin of the World Health Organization : the International Journal of Public Health, 2000
- Accounts by journalists of wars in several countries in Sub-Saharan Africa in the 1990s have raised concern that ethnic cleavages and overlapping religious and racial affiliations may widen the inequalities in health and survival amon...