Senegal and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- HIV/AIDS vulnerabilities, discrimination, and service accessibility among Africa’s youth: insights from a multi-country study
- Population Council, USA, 2015
- At the individual level, youth lack access to appropriate SRH [sexual and reproductive health] information and confidential, low-cost, and stigma-free SRH services. Institutional responses are hampered by sociocultural sensitivities t...
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- An overview of existing social protection programmes and childhood poverty in West and Central Africa
- R. Holmes; T. Braunholtz-Speight / Overseas Development Institute, 2009
- This report seeks to provide an overview of existing social protection policy and programming initiatives in the West and Central Africa and to assess the extent to which these address the particular manifestations of childhood povert...
- Weapons in hands of West African youths spell trouble
- N. Florquin; E. G. Berman / Small Arms Survey, 2005
- This study looks at the armed groups and small arms in the 15 member countries of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region. Armed groups in this report are defined as groups that have the capacity to challenge the...
- Rural children still disadvantaged in educational opportunities, Senegal
- M.R. Montgomery; P.C. Hewett / Population Council, USA, 2005
- This paper examines the effects of living-standards and relative poverty on childrens schooling in urban and rural areas of Senegal. Findings include: in Senegals urban areas, living standards exert s...
- Women and children at risk from trafficking in Senegal
- B. Moens; V. Zeitlin; C. Bop; R. Gaye / Human Trafficking, 2004
- This study looks at the nature and extent of trafficking people in Senegal. It also assesses development activities and organisations response to trafficking, including the Government of Senegals efforts; identifies countr...
- Impact of orphanhood on schooling and child labour in Senegal
- L. Guarcello; S. Lyon; F. Rosati / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2004
- This paper explores the effect of orphanhood and fostering on child vulnerability in Senegal in particular, and the links between AIDS orphans, schooling, and child labour in general. The main findings of the study include: ...
- Does orphanhood affect child labour and school attendance in Africa?
- L. Guarcello; S. Lyon; F. Rosati; C.A. Valdivia / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2004
- This paper looks at whether orphanhood is linked to child labour and school attendance. It presents the extent and nature of the orphanhood phenomenon, including orphan rates, distribution of orphans by category (i.e., maternal, pater...
- Participation and working children
- M. Black / Save the Children Fund, 2004
- This report is the outcome of research on participation and working children in Bangladesh, Brazil, Guatemala and Honduras, India and Senegal. Working childrens participation involves a wide range of activities, such as: ...
- Successful strategies for Youth and HIV/AIDS initiative identified
- Centre for Development and Population Activities, 2003
- This study outlines strategies currently in use in Senegal for the prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and HIV/AIDS in youth. It identifies the most efficient strategies regarding adolescent reproductive health (ARH) ...