Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Choiseul Province climate change vulnerability and adaptation assessment report: Solomon Islands - securing the future of Lauru now
- M. Mataki / Secretariat of the Pacific Community,, 2013
- This report focuses on the community as the central point of measuring vulnerability to climate change in Choiseul Province of the Solomon Islands. It discusses the factors that affect peoples resilience to the impacts of climat...
- Legal frameworks for ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in the Pacific islands
- B. Boer / Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme, 2012
- This report analyses the legal aspects of ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change focusing on the Pacific island countries. It underscores that ecosystem-based adaptation can provide cost-effective strategies for reducing vulnera...
- Reefs at risk revisited in the Coral Triangle
- L. Burke / World Resources Institute, Washington DC, 2012
- This report analyses the threats to coral reefs of the Coral Triangle, including overfishing and destructive fishing, coastal development, pollution from land and sea, and climate change related threats such as ocean warming and acidi...
- Justice Delivered Locally Solomon Islands
- M Goddard / World Bank, 2010
- This literature review asks three questions about justice delivery and dispute resolution at the community level in Solomon Islands: 1. What mechanisms have historically been in place to resolve disputes at the community level in Solo...
- One planet to share: sustaining human progress in a changing climate
- A. Rajivan 2012
- The Asia-Pacific Regional Human Development Report (APHDR) focuses on the need for the region to find ways to continue to grow economically, while reducing poverty and tackling climate change and environmental concerns. The report add...
- Analysis of potential criteria for the allocation of international funding for adaptation to climate change
- M. Stadelmann (ed); A. Persson (ed); I. Ratajczak-Juszko (ed) / Center for Comparative and International Studies, 2012
- This paper analyses the potential criteria to allocate international funding for adaptation to climate change as a response to the prioritisation of project proposals given scarce funding. It is based on a review of the equity and cos...
- Women have a right to be included in international peace negotiations
- C. Buchanan / Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue, Switzerland, 2011
- Ensuring women's fair representation and diverse contributions to peacemaking remains a major challenge. This publication explores the reasons for women’s under-representation in peace processes, both in terms of their participa...
- Experiences, lessons learnt and best practices of REDD+ readiness in 12 Asia-Pacific countries
- United Nations Development Programme, 2012
- The UN-REDD Programme is the United Nations collaborative initiative on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation (REDD+) in developing countries. This booklet delves into the experiences, challenges and best practi...
- Linkages and integration between HIV and sexual and reproductive health the Pacific
- Family Planning International, 2010
- This report identifies linkage and integration activity around HIV and sexual and reproductive health (SRH) in the Pacific region. Using a review of existing literature and interviews from Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, ...
- Women’s low status in Melanesia and East-Timor root cause of gendered violence
- M. Ellsberg; C. Bradley; A. Egan / Australian Agency for International Development, 2008
- Violence against women is a major barrier to development in Melanesia (a region that comprises most islands located north and northeast of Australia) and East Timor. This report assesses efforts to date in the region in terms of reduc...