Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Case study: child centered climate change adaptation (4CA) in the Pacific Islands
- S. Cocco-Klein / Equity for Children 2015
- The Child-Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA) Program supported communities in six Pacific Island Countries to adapt to the risks and challenges of climate change. The programs focus, unique to the r...
- Climate change in Coral Triangle of the Pacific Countries: supporting communities to adapt
- Asian Development Bank 2016
- In 2010, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched a regional technical assistance to respond to concerns raised by five Pacific developing member countries that lie within or on the border of the Coral Triangle - ??Fiji, Papua New Gu...
- Post-conflict pacts and inclusive political settlements: institutional perspectives from Solomon Islands
- D. Craig; D. Porter / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2014
- Literature on post-conflict stability and security has increasingly focused on the role of “strong enough” or “inclusive enough” political settlements in transitions from conflict and institutional fragility, a...
- PACC Demonstration Guide: Piloting climate change adaptation in food production and food security on low-lying atolls of Solomon Islands
- M. Taylor; C. Supa / Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2015
- This demonstration guide describes the Solomon Islands Pacific Adaptation to Climate Change (PACC) project. Aimed primarily at climate change practitioners across the Pacific region, it gives details of the planning and executi...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Vulnerability and adaptation (V&A) assessment for Ontong Java Atoll, Solomon Islands
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2014
- This report focuses on climate change adaptation and risk reduction for communities in Ontong Java, low-lying atolls in the Solomon Islands. This area is particularly vulnerable to climate change with fragile food systems threate...
- Lessons from implementing, adapting and sustaining community-based adaptive marine resource management
- P. Cohen; A. Schwarz; D. Boso; Z. Hilly / Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research 2014
- This brief explores lessons from community experience of implementing management plans for community-based adaptive resource management in Solomon Islands. It focuses on the lessons learned from the different stages of: implementing, ...
- Transforming aquatic agricultural systems towards gender equality: a five country review
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research 2012
- Aquatic agricultural systems (AAS) are systems in which the annual production dynamics of freshwater and/or coastal ecosystems contribute significantly to total household income. Improving the livelihood security and wellbeing of the ...
- The Pacific experience in developing policy and legislation on disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2013
- This study explores and aims to unpack the drivers and process to develop Joint National Action Plans on Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change (JNAPs), primary DRM legislation, and sustainable development plans addressing DRR an...
- Climate change adaptation for coral triangle communities: a guide for vulnerability assessment and local early action planning (LEAP guide)
- This comprehensive set of scientific and social instruments helps local governments and communities to assess their vulnerability to climate change and form their own climate change adaptation plans to address local conditions. So far...