Somalia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Children in armed conflict: current trends and concerns
- Reliefweb 2007
- This document is the annual report from the Secretary-General. It details progress in the implementation of SC Resolution 1612 – ending the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict and its monitoring and reporting mecha...
- The impact of emergencies on women and children
- United Nations Children's Fund 2007
- This Humanitarian Action Report 2007 outlines UNICEFs appeal for children and women in 33 emergencies around the world. In each country it looks at critical issues for children, key actions and achievements in 2006 and planned h...
- Legality and prevalence of corporate punishment in East and Southern Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in East and Southern Africa. The paper assesses the human rights standards in the region, with particular atten...
- Violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa
- F. Zuberi / United Nations Children's Fund 2005
- This study provides an extensive picture of violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa, providing regional and country specific information on national legal and policy frameworks and enforcements. It focuses on violence...
- Adolescents play key roles in peace building: case studies from around the world
- United Nations Children's Fund 2004
- Nine case studies are presented in this paper to demonstrate how participation in peace building enhances the protection of adolescents in conflict and post conflict situations. It also aims to illustrate how participation contributes...
- Smuggling of Somali children into Europe and North America
- Integrated Regional Information Networks, UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) 2003
- This is a report on the problems that Somali unaccompanied children suffer. It looks at the personal experiences and vulnerabilities of children who, at huge cost, have been smuggled into European and North American countries without ...
- The commercial sale of camel milk from pastoral herds in the Mogadishu hinterland, Somalia
- U. Herren / Pastoral Development Network, ODI 1990
- Traditional subsistence pastoral systems in East Africa are typically geared towards the output of calves and milk for human consumption. The production of meat (though not unimportant) is subsidiary to the calf-milk operation. Develo...