Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The governance of basic education in the Eastern Cape
- Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2017
- The Eastern Cape province experienced extensive governmental re-organisation following South Africas 1994 democratic transition. This entailed significant structural consolidation in the provincial government, and the in...
- The BRICS in an age of multipolarity: sustaining strategic partnerships under difficult economic conditions
- P. Mthembu / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2017
- Culminating in the formation of the New Development Bank (NDB), which was inaugurated at the Ufa Summit in 2015, the influence of the BRICS countries has now clearly gone beyond the economic arena, with the grouping evolving i...
- South African banks footprint in SADC mining projects: environmental, social and governance principles
- M. Milazi / Southern African Resource Watch 2017
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) concerns are an increasingly important factor worldwide for banks when they invest in large projects. In the Southern African...
- Mineral governance barometer - Southern Africa
- R. Alence; R. Mattes / Southern African Resource Watch 2017
- Southern Africa is endowed with lucrative mineral resources such as diamonds, gold, copper, coal, platinum, and uranium. This rich endowment can be a major asset in the quest for inclusive and sustainable development, yet mining...
- Electricity supply in South Africa: Path dependency or decarbonisation?
- G. Montmasson-Clair / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa 2017
- Renewable energy technologies have experienced an exponential growth in South Africa, thanks to the procurement of large-scale power plants. However, South Africas electricity sector still lacks a level playing field. Significan...
- Russian BRICS Presidency: models of engagement with international institutions
- M. Larionova / International Organisations Research Journal 2016
- Six years after the first summit in 2009 in Yekaterinburg, the BRICS grouping of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa has established its identity as an informal global governance forum. The members have consistently ...
- Can workplace secondments build trust in the mining sector?
- J. Van Onselen / South African Institute of International Affairs 2017
- Mutual suspicion has characterised the relationship between the South African government and mining companies, particularly in recent years. Resolving the current impasse would require a panoply of policy interventions because...
- Trilateral cooperation in a changing international development landscape
- Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2016
- This special edition of Global Dialogue, focused on trilateral cooperation in a changing global development landscape, forms part of a research project undertaken by the Institute for Global Dialogue (IGD), with the financial ...
- Illicit financial flows estimating trade mispricing and trade-based money laundering for five African countries
- K. Nicolaou-Manias; Y. Wu / Global Economic Governance Africa 2016
- Illicit financial flows (IFFs) are garnered through the proceeds of illicit trade, trade mispricing, transfer pricing and other forms of organised profit-motivated crime. This paper focuses on the commercial tax evasion component of i...
- South Africa’s state-building role in the DRC: kicking the can down the road
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2017
- As the mooted presidential election in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is postponed to December 2018, South Africas most significant engagement in post-conflict reconstruction and development (PCRD) since i...