South Africa and ICTs for development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- ICTs and development in Zambia: challenges and opportunities
- J. S. Munsaka / Sangonet [South Africa], 2010
- Information and communication technologies (ICTs) are increasingly important in achieving development goals and promoting citizen participation. Zambia is one of a number of countries in the Southern African region that have sought to...
- ICT for Education
- S. Mtshali 2012
- The paper addresses issues of Information and Communication Technologies in the context of the education sector in Swaziland. The Ministry of Education and Training recognizes the critical use of Information and Communication Technolo...
- A Manual of Possible Interventions to Improve the Situation of Women in High-Level ICTs in South Africa
- T. James 2006
- This manual attempts to present a number of possible interventions that could be implemented in South Africa to improve the situation. Some have already been initiated by a variety of ICT players. What is missing, though, is a more co...
- Towards A Better Understanding of the ICT Sector in South Africa: Problems and Opportunities for Strengthening the Existing Knowledge Base
- T. James / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa, 2012
- This paper aims to present a broad overview of the information and communications technology (ICT) industry in South Africa, based on publicly available secondary sources. Because of the nature of the information economy and the requi...
- The feasibility of ICT diffusion amongst African rural women: a case study of South Africa and Kenya
- A.K. Wafula Kwake; D.N. Ocholla / International Review of Information Ethics, 2007
- This study explores whether ICT use is feasible in the rural areas of South Africa and Kenya by using largely survey research method. The survey involved interviewing 400 women aged between 16-60 from both Kenya and South Africa. The ...
- New technologies and governance architecture in Africa
- E. Waema; E.O. Adera / International Development Research Centre, 2011
- This volume provides information on and analyses of e-governance at the municipal and the local level in Africa, thereby opening up the possibility of further research on how new technologies can be used to change the governance archi...
- ICTs in Brazil, India and China
- J. P. Simon / Directorate-General for Research - European Commission, 2012
- BRIC countires are becoming major players as producers of ICT goods and services.The aim of this report is to take a closer look at the ICTs landscape in BRICS countries Brazil, India and China. It documents the size of the ICT sector...
- National ICT policies in member countries of the IST-Africa Initiative
- IST-Africa Initiative, 2012
- This guide looks at the current status of National ICT policies in each of the current IST-Africa Initiative partner countries. It identifies what has been achieved to date and provides insight into what implementation challenge...
- Determinants and impact of ICT use for African SMEs: Implications for rural South Africa
- S. Wolf / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa, 2001
- This study focusses whether the use of ICT (as production technology, as information processing technology or as information communication technology) can help them to cope with these new challenges. The spread of ICT has led several ...
- The role of ICTs in higher education in South Africa: One strategy for addressing teaching and learning challenges
- S. Jaffer; D. N'gambi; L. Czerniewicz 2007
- Using case studies from one higher educational institution, this paper shows how specific and carefully considered interventions using ICTs can be used to address these teaching and learning concerns. These examples serve to demonstra...