Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Costs of non-cooperation in South Asia: an illustration and way forward
- R.U. Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- The South Asian economic integration has remained afflicted with a narrative that is more often than not a negative one. As a part of this, the arguments put forth include the assertion that the region lacks in trade complemen...
- State support to insurgents in other states: resolution or worsening of conflict?
- H. Venugopalan / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2016
- What are the causes and consequences of interventions by other states in the form of support to insurgent groups? Why do countries intervene and support insurgent groups in other countries? ...
- Taking stock of the tsunami recovery process in Sri Lanka: 2004-2014
- R. Haigh / University of Colombo, Sri Lanka 2015
- This brief documents some of the positive as well as the negative experiences in Sri Lanka recovery process during the then years following the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. It presents a summary of the main factors influencing recovery ...
- Policy agenda for Sri Lanka in growth, finance, industry and trade
- Korea Development Institute 2012
- In 2011, the Ministry of Finance and Planning of The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and the Ministry of Strategy and Finance (MOSF) of the Republic of Korea have agreed to provide technical assistance in the definition of ...
- Promoting export and foreign direct investment in Sri Lanka
- Korea Development Institute 2013
- Between the years of 1983 to 2009, Sri Lanka was embroiled in civil war, while simultaneously undergoing severe economic impoverishment for much of this period. However, toward the end of the war, Sri Lanka’s economic prospects ...
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...
- 2016: The year of Engaging Men and Boys in stopping gender-based violence | Policy and research from CARE Insights
- CARE International 2015
- This policy brief outlines how the NGO CARE International has developed programmes to engage men and boys for over 15 years with the aim of achieving gender equality. It draws on evidence from the curriculum-based approach developed i...
- Climate-smart agriculture in Sri Lanka
- World Bank 2016
- The climate-smart agriculture (CSA) concept reflects the ambition to improve the integration of agriculture development and climate responsiveness. CSA technologies and practices present opportunities for addressing climate cha...
- Re-framing island nations as champions of resilience in the face of climate change and disaster risk.
- R.M De Souza; S. Henly-Shepard; K. McNamara; N. Fernando / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2015
- This paper is part of a set of working papers that resulted from the Resilience Academy 2013-2014. The United Nations University Institute of Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) publishes these papers as part of its UNU-EHS Worki...
- Founding of IWMI in Sri Lanka
- N. Abeywickrama / International Water Management Institute 2015
- In 2015, the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), initially founded as the International Irrigation Management Institute (IIMI), will be celebrating its 30th anniversary of the start of operations. Over the years, t...