Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Exchange rate regimes for post-conflict recovery
- I. Elbadawi; R. Soto / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2013
- The economic agenda for post-conflict transition has been dominated by issues of aid effectiveness. This paper argues that the received literature has largely ignored the important issue of what constitutes an optimal exchange rate an...
- Economic growth in South Asia: role of infrastructure
- P. Sahoo; R.K. Dash / Institute of Economic Growth, India 2008
- South Asia has become one of the fastest growing regions in the world, accounting for nearly one quarter of world population and 40 per cent of the world’s poor. Infrastructure development, both economic and social, is one of th...
- Savings behaviour in South Asia
- P. Agrawal; P. Sahoo; R.K. Dash / Institute of Economic Growth, India 2008
- Economic growth is among the most important factors affecting the quality of life that a people lead in a country. Given the close relation between savings and growth, the analysis of savings behaviour becomes naturally important in t...
- Geographical indications at the WTO: an unfinished agenda
- K Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2010
- Over the recent past, Geographical Indication (GI) has emerged as one of the most contentious categories of intellectual property (IP). Two among the three TRIPS issues presently under discussion at the WTO pertain to GIs, the third b...
- Regional economic integration in South Asia: prospects and challenges
- R.U Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2009
- Realising its importance, the South Asian region has also embarked upon various processes of regional economic integration. However, the South Asian regional integration process is fraught with difficulties, especially due to a lack o...
- Regional cooperation for regional infrastructure development: challenges and policy options for South Asia
- P De / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2009
- Regional infrastructure is one of the major determinants of economic integration process. It enhances international and regional connectivity through the free flow of goods and factors across borders, allowing countries to benefit fro...
- A legally binding agreement (LBA) - growing need for air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- M.A. Khwaja; F.H. Shaheen / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan 2011
- Environmental degradation remains a challenge in most South Asian countries. With increased industrial activity, the exponential growth in number of vehicles and population, the contribution of each country to the south Asia regional ...
- Fractured narratives, totalizing violence: notes on women in conflict of Sri Lanka and Pakistan
- N de Mel / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan 2003
- Force was used by the British in both Sri Lanka and India to quell anti-colonial dissent. Once independence was won, the nationalist leaders used these same structures of state coercion to police, regulate and contain their own citize...
- Air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan 2012
- With increasing urbanisation and economic growth, air pollution is becoming an urgent concern in South Asian countries Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The objective of this study is to look into and...
- Global Monitoring Checklist on Women Peace and Security: Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Nepal, Northern Ireland and Sri Lanka.
- The Global Monitoring Checklist is a pilot research project designed to contribute towards international understanding on women, peace and security efforts. It highlights relevant activities at the local and national level by women, c...