Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- From a temporary emergency shelter to an urbanized neighborhood: The Abu Shoak IDP Camp in North Dārfūr
- Osman Mohamed Osman Ali; Ali Mohamed Mahmoud / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2016
- In early 2003, two rebel movements (the Sudanese Liberation Army and the Justice and Equality Movement) launched an insurgency against the rule in Khartoum. Supported by ...
- Civilians’ survival strategies amid institutionalized insecurity and violence in the Nuba Mountains, Sudan
- Guma Kunda Komey / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2016
- The Nubas peripheral homeland of the Nuba Mountains, in southern Kordofan, is one of Sudans current killing fields, with high numbers of civilian casualties, of wounded and internally displaced persons, refugees, families,...
- More than 50 participants gathered at IDS on 15th and 16th September for our 20th Anniversary workshop. "From dial-up to the data revolution: Learning from 20 years of digital knowledge sharing for global development. " The event was a celebration of our 20 years as an online knowledge sharing platform but also a space for us to bring together colleagues to reflect on the key lessons from that 20 years and to examine the challenges and opportunities for our sector moving forward. The participants were made up of a broad mix of knowledge brokers, communications professionals, librarians and researchers with a great line-up of speakers including: Allam Ahmed - Senior Lecturer, Social Policy Research Unit (SPRU) Chris Addison - Senior Programme Coordinator, Knowledge Management, CTA (Virtual presentation!) Geoff Barnard - Knowledge Management Strategy Advisor, CDKN Melissa Leach - Director, IDS Mike Powell – IKM Emergent Neil Pakenham?Walsh - DGroups Foundation Nick Ishmael Perkins - Director, SciDev.Net Rachel Phillipson – Mott MacDonald, lead author of DFID Portal Evaluation Rob Cartridge - Head of Global Knowledge, Practical Action Ruth Bottomley - Senior Programme Manager for Research Development & Support, INASP Sarah Cummings - Independent Consultant Williams Nwagwu - CODESRIA We'll be making all the presentations and other resources from the event available here in due course so watch this space!
- Abdelmageed M. Yahya; Banaga Ahmed Mohammed / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2016
- This paper tackles the issue of the future of mechanized schemes and investment in the agricultural sector in the South Kordofan State/Nuba Mountains. The main objective of this study is to assess the viability of investment in mechan...
- Case studies on UNICEF programming in child protection
- United Nations Children's Fund 2014
- These case studies illustrate how UNICEF support is helping countries to strengthen child protection systems and promote social change to align social norms and practices with child protection. The case studies provide evidence of pos...
- UNAMID police and the protection of civilians in Darfur
- F.K. Aubyn / Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Training Centre 2016
- This Policy Brief reflects on the Protection of Civilian (PoC) strategies of UNAMID Police and some of the challenges hindering their effective implementation in Darfur. It argues that for PoC to be successful, UNAMID Police s...
- Rapid fragility and migration assessment for Sudan: Rapid Literature Review
- A.L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2016
- This literarure report provides a literature review from Desk based research. Sudan is a source, transit, and destination country for migrants. Sudanese migrants are a mixed group of refugees and asylum seekers, economic migrant...
- Resilience analysis in Sudan 2009
- Faostat, FAO 2016
- Published first in 2016, this household resilience analysis examines differences in resilience capacity and resilience structure between female- and male-headed households, and between regions. This analysis aims at providing programm...
- China–Africa co-operation: capacity building and social responsibility of investments
- W. Benjelloun / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- Over the past decade, African economies have enjoyed a sustained period of growth, and this has made the continent an attractive destination for international investors. This paper reviews the contours of Chinese investment and aid pr...
- China in Africa: impacts and prospects for accountable development
- G. Mohan / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- China is the major “new” player in Africa and impacts on development and politics in numerous ways. This paper shows that China impacts on African development in multiple ways that go well beyond aid. The paper sets out an...
- An ivestigation of the Month-Of-The-Year effect for the Sudanese stock market
- S.Z. Abdalla / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- This paper investigates the month-of-the-year effect for the Sudanese stock market by using daily closing values of the market index over the period January 2, 2008, to December 30, 2014. Ordinary Least Squares technique and two diffe...