Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Final national climate change policy, strategy and action plan for Suriname 2014-2021
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2015
- Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time. Suriname’s people, society, economy and environment are already affected by extreme weather and climate events, and are under increasing risk from the impacts associa...
- An assessment of the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in the Caribbean
- R. Martin / CEPAL - ECLAC Database 2013
- The 2013 report assesses the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitt...
- Amazon Malaria Initiative (AMI) quarterly bulletin - April 2014
- Amazon Malaria Initiative 2014
- Thi issue inlcudes: international partner highlights; country spotlight on Ecuador, Guyana, Nicaragua, Honduras, Peru and Suriname; global malaria news, events and meetings.
- UNDP climate change country profile: Suriname
- C. McSweeny 2008
- This country profile of the nation of Suriname compiled for the UNDP. The article discusses Suriname vulnerability to the El Nino and La Nina phenomena in the face of recent and predicted climate change patterns.The overall data point...
- Rupublic of Suriname's initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- This first national communication from Suriname contains data about its various indicators. These indicators cover a range of topics such as geography, demographics, greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs), and several socio-economic factors....
- Legal frameworks affecting PLHIV in the Caribbean
- Caribbean Community Secretariat 2010
- This publication, commissioned by CARICOM, is a desk review report of existing legislative frameworks affecting people living with HIV (PLHIV) and their families in eleven countries in the Caribbean. The study highli...
- Ecosystems services and poverty in the Amazon and Eastern Andes
- R. Porro; J. Börner; A. Jarvis / Andes/Amazon Ecosystem Services and Poverty Alleviation (ESPA) program 2008
- This report presents the results of a situation analysis of ecosystem services and poverty in the Amazon and Eastern Andes, carried out between September 2007 and March 2008. It intends to provide guidance to the Ecosystem Servic...
- Information on young migrants
- United Nations Population Fund 2006
- Why do young people move? Who are they? This report explores the lives of young migrants from or those whose lives are marked by the experiences of spouses or relatives who have moved abroad. The authors hope that by listen...
- Actions against preference erosion in ACP-EU trade relations
- P. Goodison / International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development 2007
- This paper aims to situate the process of preference erosion in the trade relations between the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States and the European Union (ACP-EU) in the context of internal EU policy adjustments. These adj...
- Policies to address food security in small island economies in the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2005
- This paper presented to a special FAO ministerial session in 2005 outlines policies for food security in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) based around three main criteria: food availability depends on domest...