Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Wize Up - Your Decision Your Life Booklet
- Lusweti Institute for Health Development Communication 2016
- This booklet was produced as part of the Wize up, Your Decision Your Life campaign in Swaziland, which challenges young people to take control of their health and start thinking and talking about their sexual and reproductive health a...
- Oral literature and HIV narratives in Swaziland: considerations for HIV prevention and communication
- R. Fielding-Miller 2011
- Key components of Swaziland’s national response to the HIV epidemic include reduction of multiple concurrent partnerships, delaying sexual debut, and increasing condom use. While these interventions, which aim to mitigate the so...
- Post-2015 Advocacy Toolkit
- One billion children experience some form of violence each year. Girls are particularly vulnerable, with 120 million under the age of 20 reporting forced sexual intercourse or other forced sexual acts at some point in their lives. Bey...
- HIV-related discrimination among grade six Students in nine Southern African countries
- B. Maughan-Brown; N. Spaull / PLoS ONE 2014
- HIV-related stigmatisation and discrimination by young children towards their peers have important consequences at the individual level and for our response to the epidemic, yet research on this area is limited. This study exam...
- SADC investment perspectives in a changing international investment landscape
- H. Bezuidenhout / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- The global arena for foreign direct investment (FDI) has become much more fluid and complex in the five years from 2010 to 2015. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) as a region has shown exceptional growth but relatively...
- "Lived poverty" can inform Swazi anti-poverty efforts
- S. Kunene / Afrobarometer 2015
- Poverty continues to be a major challenge in Swaziland, exacerbated by the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Almost two-thirds (63%) of the Swazi population were living in severe poverty in 2012. The Afrobarometer survey, which was conducted for the...
- Legislation on the for-profit private health sector in east and southern Africa
- J Doherty / EQUINET: Network for Equity in Health in Southern Africa 2013
- International evidence shows that, if left unregulated, the for-profit sector may lead to distortions in the quantity, distribution and quality of health services, as well as anti-competitive behaviour (Marriott 2009). As the for-prof...
- Conflict transformation and peacebuilding in Southern Africa: civil society, governments, and traditional leaders
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2008
- Following independence from colonial rule in Africa, most countries with a history of traditional institutions of governance in southern Africa such as South Africa, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, and Botswana, have incorporated traditional leade...
- Swaziland CAADP Multi-Stakeholder Policy Dialogue
- Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Analysis Network 2010
- The Swaziland Comprehensive African Agriculture Development Program (CAADP) Multi-stakeholder Policy Dialogue was held in November 2010. The meeting was attended by participants from different stakeholder groups: government, NGOs,&nbs...
- Silent hunger: policy options for effective responses to the impact of HIV and AIDS on agriculture and food security in the SADC region
- Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Analysis Network 2007
- This book has been written for researchers and policy makers. It describes in detail current literature on the impact of HIV and AIDS on food security and the agricultural sector. It presents the results of a seven-country study explo...