Swaziland and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Physical and sexual violence is associated with multiple adverse health behaviours
- D. W. Brown; L. Riley; A. Butchart / Bulletin of the World Health Organization : the International Journal of Public Health, 2009
- This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, examines associations between exposure to physical violence (PV) or sexual violence (SV) and adverse health behaviours among a sample of children in five Africa...
- Report cards detail plans to strengthen HIV prevention strategies in 23 countries
- International Planned Parenthood Federation, 2008
- Under the Global Coalition on Women and AIDS (GCWA), the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), together with the United Nations Populations Fund (UNFPA) and Young Positives are developing 23 country Report Cards with the...
- Food insufficiency is associated with high-risk sexual behaviour among women in Botswana and Swaziland
- S. D. Weiser / Public Library of Science Medicine, 2007
- This report published in PLOS medicine states that both food insufficiency and HIV infection are major public health problems in sub-Saharan Africa, yet the impact of food insufficiency on HIV risk behaviour has not been systematicall...
- Progress is slow for achieving MDG goals: reproductive rights for women
- M. de Bruyn / IPAS, 2005
- This document reports on how six organisations in Argentina, Mexico and Poland, Kenya, Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland tried out a monitoring tool as a data collection method to assess steps along the path toward achieving MDGs 5 ...
- Access to information, adequate services and freedom of choice critical for HIV-positive women
- International Planned Parenthood Federation, 2004
- This publication from the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and the International Community of Women Living with HIV/AIDS (ICW) explores the specific sexual and reproductive health issues facing HIV positive women. It...
- Children orphaned by AIDS: response to a growing global crisis
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2004
- This joint report from UNAIDS and UNICEF provides the latest data on the numbers of children who have been orphaned due to HIV/AIDS globally. It also gives an overview of the key strategies that have been developed for responding to t...
- User fees and demand for health care: pricing the poor out of the market
- D. Arhin-Tenkorang / World Health Organization, 2000
- More than a decade has passed since many developing countries introduced user fees for health services, but so far the benefits predicted by the World Bank and others have not been achieved. This working paper from the WHO Commission ...
- How do faith based organisations support orphans and vulnerable children?
- G. Foster / Synergy Project, USAID, 2004
- This study reveals how faith based organisations (FBOs) are supporting orphans and vulnerable children. The study took place in six countries: Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Uganda. Main findings of the study...
- Financing of HIV/AIDS programmes in six African countries in the face of vastly increased international resources
- H.G. Martin / Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa, 2003
- This comparative study assesses the readiness and ability of six African countries - Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe - to respond to the HIV/AIDS epidemic. The key issues addressed are: ...
- Strategic approach needed to protect food security in the face of HIV/AIDS epidemic
- F.T. Muwanga / TAT Health Services, Swaziland, 2002
- This study attempts to determine the impact of HIV/AIDS on agriculture and the private sector, obtain vital information on vulnerability of agriculture and the private sector to HIV/AIDS related morbidity and mortality; and identify s...