Syria and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Too young to wed: the growing problem of child marriage among Syrian girls in Jordan
- International Save the Children Alliance, 2014
- War in Syria has killed more than 10,000 children. More than 1 million more have fled the country in fear, while millions more remain displaced inside the country. This briefing looks at another disturbing but less publicised impact o...
- Running out of time: Survival of Syrian refugee children in Lebanon
- Harvard School of Public Health, 2014
- This report documents the findings of a rapid assessment of the needs of Syrian refugee children in Lebanon undertaken over 10 days in November 2013. A two-person team interviewed Syrian refugee families in Beirut, Tripoli, and the Be...
- Gender-based violence and child protection among Syrian refugees in Jordan, with a focus on early marriage
- UN Women, 2013
- This assessment was conducted from December 2013 to March 2013 to obtain a more comprehensive understanding of the risks that Syrian refugee families – especially women and girls – face in Jordan, and to provide a deeper u...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- The Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) was established on the recommendation of the Secretary-General of the Un...