Syria and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Too young to wed: the growing problem of child marriage among Syrian girls in Jordan
- International Save the Children Alliance 2014
- War in Syria has killed more than 10,000 children. More than 1 million more have fled the country in fear, while millions more remain displaced inside the country. This briefing looks at another disturbing but less publicised impact o...
- Gender-based violence and child protection among Syrian refugees in Jordan, with a focus on early marriage
- UN Women 2013
- This assessment was conducted from December 2013 to March 2013 to obtain a more comprehensive understanding of the risks that Syrian refugee families – especially women and girls – face in Jordan, and to provide a deeper u...
- Running out of time: Survival of Syrian refugee children in Lebanon
- Harvard School of Public Health 2014
- This report documents the findings of a rapid assessment of the needs of Syrian refugee children in Lebanon undertaken over 10 days in November 2013. A two-person team interviewed Syrian refugee families in Beirut, Tripoli, and the Be...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...