Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Subjective well- being of Chinese elderly: a comparative analysis among Urban China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan
- J. Miao; X. Wu / Population Studies Center, University of Michigan 2016
- This paper investigates the relative importance of living arrangement and social participation for the elderlys subjective well-being (happiness) in three Chinese societies (Hong Kong, urban China and Taiwan) with different leve...
- Demographic change and fiscal sustainability in Asia
- S.-H. Lee; J. Kim; D. Park / Economic Growth Centre, Nanyang Technical University 2016
- Changes in the population age structure can have a significant effect on fiscal sustainability since they can affect both government revenues and expenditures. For example, population ageing will increase expenditures on the elderly w...
- Supporting innovative small and medium enterprises: new ideas from Taiwan and Korea
- G.M. Llanto / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2010
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) play an important role in economic growth and development. In the member countries of the Asian Productivity Organization (APO), more than 90 percent of enterprises are SMEs, accounting for about 75...
- Contemporary Taiwan: domestic politics, external relations and India’s interests
- A.R. Gupta / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2015
- Taiwan, a 36200-square kilometer island, fulfils every single criteria of a sovereign independent country and yet it is not allowed to be so. The current paper notes that Taiwan has only two relationships that really matter politicall...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- The political dynamics of economic growth
- K. Sen / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This survey article is an assessment of what is known about the political determinants of economic growth, i.e. the role of political factors in explaining why some countries’ economies grow faster than others. The paper suggest...
- Impact of a Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace on an Employed Mother's Intention to Continue Breastfeeding After Returning to Work
- S.Y. Tsai 2013
- Ever-increasing populations of women in their childbearing years are choosing to become employed. Breastfeeding provides unique health advantages to both the infant and mother. A breastfeeding-friendly workplace might be an important ...
- ASEAN-China and Asia regionalism: implication to Taiwan
- C Sotharith / Cambodian Institute for Cooperation and Peace 2007
- ASEAN reaffirms that it will continue to adhere to the One-China policy; firmly oppose Taiwan independence and recognizes the Government of the People' Republic of China as the sole legal government of China and ASEAN considers Taiwan...
- Effect of balanced protein energy supplementation during pregnancy on birth outcomes
- A Imdad; Z.A Bhutta / BMC Public Health 2011
- The nutritional status of the mother prior to and during pregnancy plays a vital role in foetal growth and development, and maternal undernourishment may lead to adverse perinatal outcomes including intrauterine growth restriction (IU...
- South Africa’s developmental state makeover
- D. Poon / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa 2010
- This paper highlights ten key features of the Developmental State (DS) growth model by contrasting economic and institutional trends between China (and East Asia more generally) and South Africa. In light of the recent (perhaps politi...