Tanzania and Education
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS education collection
Search for the latest education-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Agency and advocacy: disabled students in Higher Education in Ghana and Tanzania
- L. Morley; A. Croft / Research in Comparative and International Education 2011
- Between 10% and 15% of the worlds population are thought to be disabled. The 2006 United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is an example of emerging global policy architecture for human rights for dis...
- New knowledge on children and young people: a synthesis of evidence - summary paper
- R. Marcus; E. Page; J. Stephenson; D. Walker / Impact Initiative 2015
- Improving children and young peoples (CYP) wellbeing, and recognising the role they can play in creating a more sustainable world will be critical to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This timely report provides ...
- Bringing learning to light: the role of citizen-led assessments in shifting the education agenda
- Results for Development Institute 2015
- As governments and donors focused on increasing access to education in the wake of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the issue of learning received comparatively little concerted attention. Some organisations working in countri...
- Improving skills development in the informal sector: strategies for Sub-Saharan Africa
- A. Adams; S. Johansson de Silva; S. Razmara / World Bank 2013
- This study examines the role played by education and skills development in achieving sub-saharan Africa’s full potential. The study uses household labour force surveys to look at the experience of skills development ...
- Skills development in the informal sector of sub‐Saharan Africa
- A.V. Adams / World Bank 2008
- This study examines the role played by education and skills development in achieving this objective. Until now, few studies have used household labour force surveys to capture the skills profile of the informal sector and study...
- Widening participation in higher education in Ghana and Tanzania
- L. Morley 2012
- An interrogation under way is whether policies for widening participation in sub-Saharan Africa are working. That was one of the key questions addressed by the research project Widening Participation in Higher Education in Ghana and T...
- Helpdesk Report: Evidence base for local block grants in Education
- L. Bolton / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2013
- This Helpdesk query was asked to provide a literature / evidence review of the effectiveness – or otherwise – of sub-national flexible block grants in education in delivering enrolment, attendance and quality objectives. ...
- Helpdesk Report: Higher education reform
- L. Bolton; G. Foster / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2014
- The report covers seven countries - for each country there is a profile outlining how higher education is organised and drawing together the key points on reform. This is followed in each case by an annotated bibliography of resources...
- Primary Education Support Programme (PESP) in Tanzania case study report
- K. Burchell / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2014
- This the full case study report on the Primary Education Support Project (PESP) in Tanzania. This was a two-year (2011/12-2013/14) project aiming to procure and distribute books and desks to all primary schools in Tanzania ...
- My rights, my voice: annual progress report 2013
- Oxfam 2014
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) engages marginalized children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The 2013 Annual Progress Report provides an overview of the second year of this innovative three y...