Tanzania and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Synthesis report on current and emerging youth policies and initiatives with links to agriculture: the case of Malawi, Mauritius, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zimbabwe
- R. Omoti / Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Analysis Network 2012
- Sub–Saharan African (SSA) countries have a unique population profile, with 44 percent of its population being under the age of 15, making it the youngest region of the world. In spite of the formally recognized role of agricultu...
- Strong girls, powerful women: program planning and design for adolescent girls in humanitarian settings
- K. Paik / Women's Refugee Commission 2014
- In collaboration with implementing partners, the Women’s Refugee Commission tested promising approaches in adolescent girls’ programming by applying the learning from development contexts in pilot programmes in three displ...
- Urbanization and education in East Africa
- M. Oketch (ed); M.W. Ngware (ed) / African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya 2012
- The objective of this book is to pull together contributions on how education provision is affected by the rapid urbanization and to highlight the practice and policy gaps in the education of those who live in the urban areas. It is a...
- My rights, my voice annual progress report 2012
- Oxfam 2013
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) is an innovative three-year global programme, engaging marginalised children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The belief behind the MRMV initiative is that child...
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- Assessing health benefits of oral iron supplementation in children
- L.L. Iannotti; J. M. Tielsch; M. M. Black / American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2009
- The prevalence of iron deficiency among infants and young children living in developing countries is high. This article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reviewed 26 randomised controlled trials of preventive, oral i...
- Providing iron to infants and young children
- World Health Organization 2006
- Iron deficiency and iron-deficiency anemia are common in young children, and there is substantial evidence that iron deficiency has adverse effects on child health and development. This report from the World Health Organisation argues...
- Are iron and folic acid supplements putting children at risk?
- S. Sazawal; R.E. Black; M. Ramsan / The Lancet 2006
- Anaemia caused by iron deficiency is common in children younger than 5 years of age in eastern Africa. However, there is concern that the universal coverage of iron and folic acid supplements for children in areas of high ma...
- Evaluating adolescent sexual reproductive health programmes in Tanzania
- MEMA kwa Vijana 2008
- MEMA kwa Vijana (MkV) is an adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) programme working in schools, health facilities and communities in Tanzania. This technical briefing by MKV outlines the rigorous evaluation of the intervent...
- Sexual health intervention programmes in Tanzania
- D.A. Ross; J. Changalucha; A.I.N. Obasi / International AIDS Society 2007
- Young people in the rural African population are at high risk of adolescent pregnancy and STIs, with a low incidence of condom use and a high proportion entering into sexual activity. This report in the official journal of the Interna...