Tanzania and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- Assessing health benefits of oral iron supplementation in children
- L.L. Iannotti; J. M. Tielsch; M. M. Black / American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2009
- The prevalence of iron deficiency among infants and young children living in developing countries is high. This article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reviewed 26 randomised controlled trials of preventive, oral i...
- Providing iron to infants and young children
- World Health Organization, 2006
- Iron deficiency and iron-deficiency anemia are common in young children, and there is substantial evidence that iron deficiency has adverse effects on child health and development. This report from the World Health Organisation argues...
- Are iron and folic acid supplements putting children at risk?
- S. Sazawal; R.E. Black; M. Ramsan / The Lancet, 2006
- Anaemia caused by iron deficiency is common in children younger than 5 years of age in eastern Africa. However, there is concern that the universal coverage of iron and folic acid supplements for children in areas of high ma...
- Evaluating adolescent sexual reproductive health programmes in Tanzania
- MEMA kwa Vijana, 2008
- MEMA kwa Vijana (MkV) is an adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) programme working in schools, health facilities and communities in Tanzania. This technical briefing by MKV outlines the rigorous evaluation of the intervent...
- Sexual health intervention programmes in Tanzania
- D.A. Ross; J. Changalucha; A.I.N. Obasi / International AIDS Society, 2007
- Young people in the rural African population are at high risk of adolescent pregnancy and STIs, with a low incidence of condom use and a high proportion entering into sexual activity. This report in the official journal of the Interna...
- Assessment of orphaned children living with grandparents in Tanzania
- G. Clacherty / HelpAge International, 2008
- The Kwa Wazee Project works with grandparents and the grandchildren who live with them (generally orphaned as a result of HIV/AIDS) in the Kagera district of Tanzania. The main activity of the Project is to provide a cash transfer in ...
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- Assessing the effects of biomass fuels on acute respiratory infections in Tanzanian children
- J. Kilabuko; S. Nakai / International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2007
- Biomass fuel use has been linked to Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) in children. In Tanzania, biomass fuels account for more than 90 per cent of primary energy supply. This study highlighted by the International Journal of Environm...
- Challenging gender roles in small scale mining
- International Institute for Labour Studies, ILO, 2007
- In the small-scale mining industry little is understood about the roles and activities of girls and the effect that this has on their lives and livelihoods. The issue of girl child labour in mining is largely unknown, it is often not ...