Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Tanzania Online
A gateway to information on development issues in Tanzania. It is a UNDP/UN, Government of Tanzania and Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) initiative
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Does clientelism help Tanzanian MPs establish long-term electoral support?
- M. Tsubura / Afrobarometer 2015
- The relationships between Members of Parliament (MPs) and voters in developing countries are often characterised by clientelistic exchanges of tangible goods and votes. In Tanzania, clientelism has been prominent in MP-voter relations...
- Local content in the Tanzanian mining sector
- S. Lange; A. Kinyondo / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2016
- This brief examines the factors that have influenced local content in the Tanzanian mining sector, and some of the challenges and successes of local content initiatives in mining. Local content has gradually gained momentum over the l...
- Not so great expectations: gas revenue, corruption and willingness to pay tax in Tanzania
- A.W. Cappelen / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2016
- Huge reservoirs of natural gas have been discovered offshore the southern coast of Tanzania. There are high expectations that exploitation of natural resources will substantially increase Tanzania’s national income. This brief p...
- Real-time evaluation of Norway's international climate and forest initiative. Literature review and programme theory.
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2016
- The report presents findings of a baseline for a new wave of real time evaluation of Norway’s International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). Two separate but closely connected studies have been conducted following an exten...
- Institutional analysis for climate services development and delivery in Tanzania
- P.Z. Yanda; J.J. West; M.E. Daly / Center for International Climate and Environmental Research, Oslo 2015
- This report is an output of the Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) Adaptation Programme in Africa. The goal of the report is to describe and assess the current institutional landscape for development and delivery of climate ...
- Establishing a baseline for monitoring and evaluating user satisfaction with climate services in Tanzania
- M.E. Daly; J.J. West; P.Z. Yanda / Center for International Climate and Environmental Research, Oslo 2016
- This report is a contribution toward the Global Framework for Climate Services Adaptation Program in Africa (GFCS-APA) Tanzania country activities. CICERO and UDSM are tasked with establishing a baseline for monitoring “User Sat...
- Climate change policy inventory and analysis for Tanzania
- M. Daly / Center for International Climate and Environmental Research, Oslo 2015
- This report assesses the extent to which climate change concerns have been integrated or mainstreamed into national policy documents in mainland Tanzania. It considers the role of climate services in achieving national sectorial polic...
- Stakeholder Participatory Workshops in Lushoto, Tanzania: Climate Smart Agriculture Practices
- T. Benjamin; B. Rudram; J. Tyman; L. Winowiecki; B. Rodriquez; A. Eitzinger; C. Mwongera; K. Mashisia; E. Ampire; P. Laderach 2014
- In June 2014, participatory workshops and field visits were conducted by the CIAT-DAPA and CIAT-Soils Research Area teams in the CCAFS Climate Smart Village of Lushoto, Tanzania in the West Usambara Mountains to identify locally appro...
- When refugees cannot return home: A conflict conundrum in Africa’s Great Lakes region
- K.F. Tunda / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2016
- The large number of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the Great Lakes region poses immense challenges to peacebuilding processes within the countries affected, as well as in that entire conflict system. An influx of ...
- The prospect of biogas among small-holder dairy goat farmers in the Uluguru Mountains, Tanzania
- L.K. Grimsby / African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development 2016
- Biogas can be a clean cooking alternative where biomass is the dominant source of cooking energy and where feedstock for anaerobic digestion is available. By substituting woody biomass for energy, biogas may reduce local defores...