Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate change in Coral Triangle of the Pacific Countries: supporting communities to adapt
- Asian Development Bank 2016
- In 2010, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched a regional technical assistance to respond to concerns raised by five Pacific developing member countries that lie within or on the border of the Coral Triangle - ??Fiji, Papua New Gu...
- Rebuilding health systems in conflict-affected states: Timor-Leste
- ReBUILD Consortium 2015
- This case study highlights that despite the challenges in integrating gender equity concerns into the health system in Timor-Leste, overall, the reform of the health system since conflict ended has benefited women’s health. In s...
- Education and conflict recovery: the case of Timor Leste
- P. Justino; M. Leone / Institute of Development Studies UK 2011
- The Timor Leste secession conflict lasted for 25 years. Its last wave of violence in 1999, following the withdrawal of Indonesian troops, generated massive displacement and destruction with widespread consequences for the economic and...
- Gender, headship, and the life cycle: Landownership in four Asian countries
- K. Sproule; C. Kieran; A. Quisumbing; C. Doss / International Food Policy Research Institute 2015
- Despite increasing evidence that households do not always function as one, policies regarding land and property rights are often formulated at the household level, assuming the primary adult male is the landowner. Because land ...
- Short- and Long-Term Impact of Violence on Education: The Case of Timor Leste
- P. Justino / Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- This paper analyzes the impact of the wave of violence that occurred in Timor Leste in 1999 on education outcomes. We examine the short-term impact of the violence on school attendance in 2001 and its longer-term impact on primary sch...
- Cambodia’s engagement with ASEAN: lessons for Timor Leste
- D Merican / Cambodian Institute for Cooperation and Peace 2007
- Despite obvious differences in culture and colonial history, the Cambodian engagement in ASEAN, brings a message of hope and promise to Leaders, officials and the people of Timor Leste. It is possible for this country to join ASEAN if...
- Peacekeeping and peacebuilding in post-conflict environments: a critical analysis of the UN approach in Timor-Leste, Liberia and Nepal
- A.L. Strachan / Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2009
- This paper seeks to evaluate the UN approach to peacekeeping and peacebuilding in post-conflict environments. This will be done by looking at three case-studies; the UN missions in Timor-Leste, Nepal and Liberia. These case stu...
- Facing the resource curse: Norway's Oil for Development Program. Final report.
- A. Disch 2013
- Oil for Development (OfD), begun in 2005, is a comprehensive program addressing resource, financial and environmental dimensions with a focus on capacity development in the public sector but including larger sector governance concerns...
- Agribusiness large-scale land acquisitions and human rights in Southeast Asia - Updates from Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Timor-Leste and Burma
- Forest Peoples Programme 2013
- The series of studies discussed in this overview pull together updated information about large-scale land acquisitions in the region, with the aim of identifying trends, common threats, divergences and possible solutions. As well as s...
- Climate change adaptation for coral triangle communities: a guide for vulnerability assessment and local early action planning (LEAP guide)
- This comprehensive set of scientific and social instruments helps local governments and communities to assess their vulnerability to climate change and form their own climate change adaptation plans to address local conditions. So far...