Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Strengthening the management of health service delivery in South Africa, Togo and Uganda
- D. Egger; E. Ollier / World Health Organization 2007
- This World Health Organization study describes various activities aimed towards strengthening the management of health service delivery in three countries: South Africa, Togo and Uganda. The paper considers the following factors that ...
- How effective have UNCAC and AU implementation conventions been in preventing corruption?
- Transparency International 2007
- This paper documents case studies which analyse anti-corruption measures and highlight the main shortcomings of the reform process in Africa. A common feature in most countries is the absence of comprehensive national strategies to co...
- Increased primary education is associated with higher unemployment in West Africa
- M. Kuepie; C.J. Nordman; F. Roubaud / Développement, Institutions & Analyses de Long terme 2006
- Does primary education really help to guard against unemployment and poverty? Perhaps not, this paper argues. Using a statistical analysis, this study analyses the effects of education on urban labour market participation and earnings...
- Extending the reach of schools in Africa: evidence on complementary education programmes
- D. Balwanz; A. Schuh Moore; J. DeStefano / Association for the Development of Education in Africa 2006
- This paper presents evidence on complementary education programmes in African countries programmes designed to extend the reach of formal public schooling in developing countries, in order to serve the most disadvan...
- Outlines recommendations for strengthening the Kimberley Process
- Partnership Africa Canada 2006
- This report describes the current problems facing the Kimberley Process (KP), and the remedial action that is required if governments and industry are serious about ending conflict diamonds. In particular, the report highlights proble...
- Integrating insecticide-treated bednet distribution with an immunisation campaign is a key means of controlling malaria
- V. Takpa; K. Morgah; P. Gbedonou; M. Eliades / Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2005
- This article, published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, describes the planning, implementation and results of a campaign in Togo to distribute insecticide-treated bednets (ITNs) for prevention of malaria. The article exp...
- Three myths surrounding the West African Gas Pipeline
- Friends of the Earth International 2006
- This document presents and explores what it alledges are myths surrounding the West African Gas Pipeline. The West African Gas Pipeline (WAGP) is a onshore and offshore pipeline that will transport natural gas from gas fields in the w...
- Violence in schools: evidence from Togo
- Plan 2006
- This booklet brings together the results of a research programme conducted on violence and abuse in schools in Togo. The publication describes the main forms of violence against children in schools: corporal punishment; forced labour;...
- Weapons in hands of West African youths spell trouble
- N. Florquin; E. G. Berman / Small Arms Survey 2005
- This study looks at the armed groups and small arms in the 15 member countries of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region. Armed groups in this report are defined as groups that have the capacity to challenge the...
- Donors need to move away from ad-hoc project funding towards more sustained focus on institution building among CSOs
- World Bank 2005
- This report presents the key findings from pilots of the World Bank's Civil Society Assessment Tool (CSAT) in Angola, Guinea Bissau, and Togo. Civil society organisations (CSOs), their government counterparts, and members of rural and...