Togo and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Children and women domestic workers’ experiences of abuse and how governments can address them
- J. Sunderland; N. Varia / Human Rights Watch, 2006
- Abuses of children and women domestic workers - many of them migrant workers - are widespread, but increased awareness of the problem has not yet resulted in concerted government action to address it. Based on interviews with hundreds...
- Weapons in hands of West African youths spell trouble
- N. Florquin; E. G. Berman / Small Arms Survey, 2005
- This study looks at the armed groups and small arms in the 15 member countries of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region. Armed groups in this report are defined as groups that have the capacity to challenge the...
- Child trafficking in Togo
- Plan, 2005
- This paper documents the pervasiveness of child trafficking in Togo: the extent, causes, forms and consequences of the phenomenon; the urgent need for further action at various levels; and the work being undertaken by organisations, t...
- Actions for eradication of child labour and trafficking, west and central Africa.
- Anti-Slavery International, 2003
- Anti- Slavery International set up a network of child rights organisations in six West and Central African countries, Bénin, Burkina Faso, Gabon, Ghana, Niger and Togo, in order to work together for the eradication of abusive f...
- West African governments fail their human rights obligations in responses to child trafficking
- J. Cohen / Human Rights Watch, 2003
- This report documents the trafficking of children in Togo, in particular the trafficking of girls into domestic and market work and the trafficking of boys into agricultural work. Hundreds of children are trafficked annually in...
- Combatting child trafficking in West Africa
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2002
- This study examines policy responses and programming trends to combat the growing spectre of child trafficking. Focus is directed towards policy trends in eight countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d Ivoire, Gabo...