Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Global Climate Change Alliance: Pacific Small Island States individual country evaluation report - Tonga
- The Pacific Community (SPC) 2016
- This is one of nine individual country evaluation summary reports produced as part of the Global Climate Change Alliance: Pacific Small Island States post-project evaluation. The Global Climate Change Alliance: Pacific Small Island St...
- Case study: child centered climate change adaptation (4CA) in the Pacific Islands
- S. Cocco-Klein / Equity for Children 2015
- The Child-Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA) Program supported communities in six Pacific Island Countries to adapt to the risks and challenges of climate change. The programs focus, unique to the r...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Institutional sphere contribution to human development: an institutional approach
- R. Chkoundali; H. Haffoudhi; H. Abdenneji / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- The institutions have been considered as a major determinant of development with the new institutional economics. The main objective of this paper is to emphasise the importance of integrating the institutional indicator component for...
- Design for improved water supply and water management in Hihifo district, Tonga
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2014
- This report provides design details and costs for the proposed long-term improvements to the water supply system at Hihifo on the island of Tongatapu, Kingdom of Tonga. This is part of the demonstration project under the Pacific Adapt...
- Socio-economic assessment of Hihifo district, the pilot site for the Pacific Adaptation to Climate Change (PACC) project in Tonga
- S. Faka'osi; L. Takau / Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2014
- How can communities in Hihifo, Tonga, protect and manage their water resources, in order to reduce their vulnerability to the impacts of climate variability and change? This report presents the findings of a socio-economic asse...
- Integrating disaster risk management into climate change adaptation
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center 2013
- The Asian Disaster Preparedness Network have produced this guidebook to serve as a reference for integrating disaster risk management (DRM) into climate change adaptation (CCA), and to promote the adoption of a risk management approac...
- The Pacific experience in developing policy and legislation on disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2013
- This study explores and aims to unpack the drivers and process to develop Joint National Action Plans on Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change (JNAPs), primary DRM legislation, and sustainable development plans addressing DRR an...
- Social protection for food security: A report by the High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition
- Social protection has risen rapidly up the development policy agenda in the last decade. There is also a clear trend to making social protection, as well as food security, rights-based rather than discretionary...
- Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific: an institutional and policy analysis
- J. E. Hay / International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2012
- Disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change adaptation (CCA) both share a common focus: reducing the vulnerability of communities and contributing to sustainable development. This study provides an analysis of the current level o...