Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Comparative analysis of climate change vulnerability assessments: lessons from Tunisia and Indonesia
- A. Hammill; L. Bizikova; J. Dekens / Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, 2013
- This comparative analysis of climate change vulnerability assessments (VAs) draws lessons from Tunisia and Indonesia to inform future VA planning and implementation. Central to shaping adaptation decisions, VAs provide the basis for b...
- Violence unsettles Tunisia’s democratic transition
- D. Ottaway / Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, 2013
- Tunisias transition to democracy, widely regarded as the most successful to emerge from the five uprisings that shook the Arab world in 2011, is being seriously threatened by violence in the wake of a prominent leftist politicia...
- Mobilizing climate investment: the role of international climate finance in creating scaled-up low-carbon energy
- C. Polycarp; L. Brown; X. Fu-Bertaux 2013
- It is estimated that developing countries need US$ 531 billion per year additional investment in energy supply and demand technologies, between now and 2050, in order to limit global temperature rise to two degrees above pre-industria...
- Transition to democracy in Tunisia: Where to?
- E Jeblawi / The Arab Reform Initiative, 2013
- The paper seeks will to assess Tunisias transition and ponder the outcome of the period, as a whole. Before anything else, the author stresses, it is important to approach the issue in the context of the need to resolve the pend...
- No revolutions without equality and justice: the struggle for women’s rights in rethinking development in the Arab region
- K Mohamadieh / The World We Want, 2012
- This article considers policy practice in the Arab region, highlighting some key areas for consideration in future policy making in the region. The peoples’ revolutions and uprisings in countries such as Egypt, Tunisia and Libya...
- Africa Adaptation Programme knowledge management needs survey report 2012
- A. Egan 2012
- This report is a broad assessment of the knowledge needs of the Africa Adaptation Programme (AAP) countries. It hopes to help these countries capture, share and capitalise on the wealth of climate- and development-related knowledge av...
- The Toppling of Ben Ali: Isolated Development or First Domino? Comparable Challenges - Varying Conditions
- M. Asseburg / Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik/ German Institute for International and Security Affairs, 2011
- The authors compare the socio-political situation in Tunesia before the fall of the countrys President with that of neighbouring Arab states. The analysis shows that although economic conditions are comparable in most of the Mag...
- Making migration a development factor: the case of North and West Africa
- International Labour Organization, 2010
- Migration can be a positive factor in the development of countries of origin through two main channels - remittances and return migration. But, in looking at five countries (Algeria, Mauritania, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia) this repo...
- Strategies for Policy Reform, Volume 2: Engaging Entrepreneurs in Democratic Governance
- K. E. Bettcher / Center for International Private Enterprise, 2010
- Strategies for Policy Reform, Volume 2 reveals how local reformers in partnership with the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) have transformed policy dialogue in their countries to create a vibrant private sector and c...
- Is trade policy an appropriate instrument for addressing poverty in the MENA region?
- N. Minot; M.A. Chemingui; M. Thomas / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2010
- The effect of agricultural trade liberalisation on poverty varies widely across countries, in part because the effect of liberalisation on agricultural prices is ambiguous. This report examines the impact of trade liberalisation on no...
- Sahara and Sahel Observatory (OSS)
- Partnership organisation working against desertification and poverty in Africa
- University of Tunis El Manar, Tunisia (UTM)
- Multi-disciplinary research and teaching university in Tunisia
- African Development Bank Library, Tunisia (AfDB Library)
- Providing reliable African development information to researchers in the region
- Faculty of Law & Economics & Political Studies, Université du Centre, Sousse, Tunisia
- Teaching and research university in Tunisia focussing on health, education and technology.
- Center of Arab Women for Training and Research, Tunisia (CAWTAR)
- Gender research centre
- Institut de Recherche sur le Maghreb Contemporain, Tunisia (IRCM)
- French funded Tunisian research institute
- African Development Bank (ADB / AfDB)
- Regional multilateral development bank, engaged in promoting the economic development and social progress of its Regional Member Countries (RMCs) in Africa. Part of the African Development Bank Group (ASBG) that includes the African Development Fund (ADF), details available on the site. WWW site has contact information, programme outlines, tender information, job opportunities and selection of...