Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Case study: child centered climate change adaptation (4CA) in the Pacific Islands
- S. Cocco-Klein / Equity for Children 2015
- The Child-Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA) Program supported communities in six Pacific Island Countries to adapt to the risks and challenges of climate change. The programs focus, unique to the r...
- Powering up remote Tuvalu through solar
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2015
- This publication, and a companion film, document some of the discussions between the PIGGAREP team and local communities about the many benefits that will come about as a result of powering up remote Tuvalu by solar energy. On ...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Guidelines for the design and implementation of community-managed water storage in Tuvalu
- L. Bouchet / Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2014
- These guidelines were developed as part of the Pacific Adaptation to Climate Change (PACC) project which aims to build resilience to drought by improving the Tuvalu’s water resources management. The publication details th...
- The Pacific experience in developing policy and legislation on disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2013
- This study explores and aims to unpack the drivers and process to develop Joint National Action Plans on Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change (JNAPs), primary DRM legislation, and sustainable development plans addressing DRR an...
- Giving state-owned enterprises in Kiribati and Tuvalua a clear commercial mandate is a fundamental basis for improving performance
- Asian Development Bank 2012
- The efficiency and effectiveness of a country’s public sector is vital to its development, where poorly performing state-owned enterprise (SOEs) absorb large amounts of scarce capital, on which they provide very low returns. Thi...
- The first climate refugees? Contesting global narratives of climate change in Tuvalu
- C. Farbotko; H. Lazrus / Science Direct 2012
- This article explores the uncertain outcomes of climate change effects for different populations. It argues that understanding climate change requires broad conceptualisations that incorporate multiple voices and recognise the agency ...
- One planet to share: sustaining human progress in a changing climate
- A. Rajivan 2012
- The Asia-Pacific Regional Human Development Report (APHDR) focuses on the need for the region to find ways to continue to grow economically, while reducing poverty and tackling climate change and environmental concerns. The report add...
- Exploring ways in which a human rights approach may shape the interpretation of climate change principles and obligations
- L. Rajamani (ed) / Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi 2010
- The climate change impacts documented by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change are likely to undermine the realisation of a range of protected human rights. Analysts have begun to advocate a human rights?centred approach to cl...
- Improving the effectiveness of social spending in Pacific countries in light of the economic crisis
- S. Feeny / Oxfam Australia 2010
- Whilst at a macroeconomic level, the Global Economic Crisis (GEC) has had less impact on many Pacific countries than on most other developing countries, impacts from the GEC are ongoing and vary greatly across Pacific countr...