Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Influencing the development and integration of national standard Climate Change Indicators into the monitoring and reporting frameworks in Uganda
- T. Kajumba; I. Karani / International Institute for Environment and Development 2015
- This paper documents the results of the process of developing and selecting national standard climate change indicators for integration into two national monitoring and evaluation frameworks in Uganda: the Output Budgeting Tool (OBT) ...
- Learning Study on ‘The Users' in Technology for Transparency and Accountability Initiatives: Assumptions and Realities.
- R. McGee; R. Carlitz 2013
- This report presents the findings of a learning study which arose from the growing sense that not enough attention was being paid to the people expected to take up and use T4TAIs. Conducted in partnership by IDS (Dr Rosie McGee and Ru...
- When refugees cannot return home: A conflict conundrum in Africa’s Great Lakes region
- K.F. Tunda / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2016
- The large number of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the Great Lakes region poses immense challenges to peacebuilding processes within the countries affected, as well as in that entire conflict system. An influx of ...
- The role of social protection programmes in supporting education in conflict-affected situations
- R. Holmes / UNESDOC: Online UNESCO documents 2010
- This background paper examines the role of social protection programmes in supporting education in conflict-affected contexts. It looks at the impact, design and implementation issues of social protection programme experience in ...
- Women’s economic empowerment and care: evidence for influencing
- L. Rost; K. Bates; L. Dellepiane / Oxfam 2015
- Care responsibilities is being increasingly identified as a factor restricting women’s empowerment outcomes, yet there is limited evidence on determinants of long hours or gender inequality in care work. To gain a clearer unders...
- Strengthening citizen agency and accountability through ICT: an extrapolation for Eastern Africa
- G. Zanello; P. Maassen / Taylor and Francis Group 2011
- We investigated the role of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT, namely mobile phones) in support of citizen agency and its potential in calling for authorities’ accountability. We focused on Eastern Africa and we us...
- Mobile Phones and Rural Livelihoods: Diffusion, Uses, and Perceived Impacts Among Farmers in Rural Uganda
- B L Martin; E Abbott / Information Technologies and International Development 2011
- To successfully use mobile phones to aid development efforts, understanding the impact of the social structure on mobile phone adoption, uses, perceived impacts, and reinvention of uses is invaluable. Interviews were conducted with 90...
- Bringing learning to light: the role of citizen-led assessments in shifting the education agenda
- Results for Development Institute 2015
- As governments and donors focused on increasing access to education in the wake of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the issue of learning received comparatively little concerted attention. Some organisations working in countri...
- Gender equality as a pathway for sustainable development: lessons learned in Eastern and Southern Africa
- A. Torkelsson; F. Ciribello; M. Westman / Center for International Forestry Research 2015
- In order to advance sustainable development in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it is necessary to address cross-cutting issues on gender, environment, and climate change simultaneously. Despite this, a key cha...
- Women as agents of change in water: reflections on experiences from the field
- A. Bouman-Dentener / UN Women 2015
- The Women for Water Partnership (WfWP) currently includes 26 women’s networks covering around 100 countries, predominantly in the developing world. This publication pays tribute to some of the work of women’s organisations...