Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The conflict management system in Karamoja: An assessment of strengths and weaknesses
- Mercy Corps, 2013
- This report explores the effectiveness of the conflict management system in northern Uganda’s remote Karamoja region. The authors identify formal government and customary actors responsible for managing conflict in Karamoja and the strength...
- Making Care Visible: Women’s unpaid care work in Nepal, Nigeria, Uganda and Kenya
- D. Budlender; R. Moussie / ActionAid International, 2013
- This report documents Action Aid's multi-country programme on women's unpaid care work. The programme, which is based in Kenya, Nigeria, Nepal and Uganda, recognises that while all women, regardless of class, race, caste and ethnicity,...
- The Good School Toolkit
- D. Naker (ed) / Raising Voices, 2011
- The Good School Toolkit contains a set of ideas and tools that will help educators explore what a good school is and guide them through a process that will help them create one. It was developed with the help of schools in Uganda and delibe...
- Determinants of climate change adaptation among male and female headed farm households in eastern Uganda
- D. Nabikolo / African Crop Science Society, 2012
- Climate change adaptation responses of male and female farmers are influenced by various factors. This study utilised a combination of descriptive statistics and logistic regression analysis to study the factors that influence the decision ...
- New approaches to promoting flexible and forward-looking decision making: insights from complexity science, climate change adaptation and ‘serious gaming’
- L. Jones (ed); E. Ludi (ed); P. Beautement (ed) / Overseas Development Institute, 2013
- Policy-makers are often tasked with making difficult decisions in the face of an uncertain future outlook. Will infrastructural investments still be relevant in 25 years? What new markets are likely to emerge in the medium term? How will a ...
- Climate risk management for sustainable crop production in Uganda: Rakai and Kapchorwa districts
- J. Dekens / United Nations Development Programme, 2013
- Uganda has been regarded as a development success story due to its increasing economic growth and declining poverty. Nevertheless, the country’s economic dependence on agriculture makes it very sensitive to climate variability and change. T...
- Access to ICT Higher Education: Reflections on Good Practices in Promoting Gender Equality at Makerere University
- A. Madanda 2005
- This chapter explores access to ICT training in Makerere University by gender. It focuses on selected examples showing the promotion of general access to ICT training in the university. Examples of the Department of Women and Gender Studies...
- Towards a Model for Implementing Local E-government in Uganda
- R. Nabafu 2011
- This paper reports on a study that developed a model for implementing local e-government in Uganda, as an example of a developing country. The model which builds on an existing one defines dimensions of financial constraints, ICT infrastruc...
- Facing the Resource Curse: Norwayâ€™s Oil for Development Program
- A. Disch / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2012
- Norway's Oil for Development (OfD), begun in 2005, is a comprehensive program addressing resource, financial and environmental dimensions with a focus on capacity development in the public sector but including larger sector governance conce...
- Improving Nutrition Through Agriculture in Nigeria and Uganda: Needs, Opportunities, Requirements and Strategies for the Future
- This paper presents the report of workshops held in 2010 in East and West Africa. The workshops were aimed primarily at promoting network among policy makers, researchers, scientists, academicians and other stakeholders in nutrition/health ...
- Anti-Corruption Coalition Uganda (ACCU)
- Advocating for an end to corruption in Uganda
- The Aged Family Uganda (TAFU)
- The Aged Family Uganda (TAFU) is an NGO advocating for and providing support to older persons in Uganda. It is a founding member of a National Network of Older Persons Organisations (NNOPU) in Uganda to provide a more powerful voice for older persons. TAFU operates a hospital home care service and has managed income generating projects to support older women, HIV and AIDS p...
- Ministry of Education & Sports, Republic of Uganda (MoES)
- The Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) controls primary and other levels of education in Uganda. It trains, registers and supplies all required teachers, prescribes a national curriculum and provides textbooks, administrators and inspectors.It's mission is “to provide for, support, guide, coordinate, regulate and promote quality education and sports to all persons in...
- Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)
- Forum for major stakeholders in agricultural research and development in Africa
- Isis Women's International Cross Cultural Exchange (Isis-WICCE)
- Global action oriented women's organisation based in Uganda
- Council for Economic Empowerment for Women of Africa - Uganda Chapter
- The Council for Economic Empowerment for Women of Africa (CEEWA)-Uganda chapter is a non- governmental, non-partisan and not for profit organization working to promote the economic empowerment of women in the development process.
- African Palliative Care Association (APCA)
Tanzanian organisation promoting affordable and culturally appropriate palliative care in Africa
- African Health Sciences, Makerere University Medical School
- Journal focusing on health and health policy in Africa
- Civil Society Organisations for Peace in Northern Uganda (CSOPNU)
- Working with men and women affected by conflict in northern Uganda
- African Women’s Economic Policy Network, Uganda (AWEPON)
- Strengthening the capacity of women to shape economic policy