Uganda and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Shame, social exclusion and the effectiveness of anti-poverty programmes
- R. Walker / Department for International Development, UK 2012
- A two year qualitative investigation of the nature and consequences of shame associated with poverty was conducted in seven settings located in rural Uganda and India; urban China, Pakistan, Korea and United Kingdom; and small town an...
- Gender matters: overcoming gender-related barriers to prevent new HIV infections among children and keep their mothers alive
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- Studies indicate that harmful gender norms and practices, cultural perceptions and beliefs surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and a distrust of health-care services all can pose barriers to HIV prevention and treatment. In particul...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- Breaking down barriers: empowering young people living with HIV in Uganda
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- "Link Ups experience in Uganda demonstrates the success empowered young people living with HIV can have in achieving greater access to SRHR and HIV services for their peers. Building a strong team of peer educators who were visi...
- Expanding lessons from a randomised impact evaluation of cash and food transfers in Ecuador and Uganda
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2015
- There is now substantial evidence that periodic cash transfers to poor households as a form of social protection, particularly when conditional on complementary investments in child schooling and health, can lead to substantial and su...
- HIV/AIDS vulnerabilities, discrimination, and service accessibility among Africa’s youth: insights from a multi-country study
- Population Council, USA 2015
- At the individual level, youth lack access to appropriate SRH [sexual and reproductive health] information and confidential, low-cost, and stigma-free SRH services. Institutional responses are hampered by sociocultural sensitivities t...
- Our time to be heard: stories giving voice to young people and their experience of HIV
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- Produced by a network of citizen journalists around the world who report the HIV, health, and human rights stories affecting them and their communities, this collection of stories highlights the current challenges that young people ar...
- Visions, voices and priorities of young people living with and most affected by HIV
- L. Orza; T. Crone; A. Basmajian / International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- No small sacrifice: child sacrifice in Uganda, in a global context of cultural violence
- KidsRights Foundation 2014
- Every week, children in Uganda disappear when parents aren’t watching. Later, children are found dead or alive, with blood or body parts missing. In many of these cases, parts were removed by witch doctors when the children were...
- The complexity of applying UN Resolution 1325 in post conflict reintegration processes: The case of Northern Uganda
- G. Maina / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2011
- The United Nations (UN) Security Council Resolution 1325 calls on all actors involved to address the special needs of women and girls during rehabilitation, reintegration and post-conflict reconstruction. This study endeavours to anal...