Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Spotlight on publications: methodologies of Latin American report cards on health
- In the last decades, citizen initiatives formed by academia, the private sector and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in various Latin American countries have emerged seeking greater participation in social oversight of their citi...
- Emerging impacts in open data in the judiciary Branches in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay
- S. Elena; N. Aquilino; A. Picho´n Riviére / Centro de Implementacion de Politicas Publicas para la Equidad y el Crecimiento / Center for the Implementation of Public Policies Promoting Equity and Growth, Argentina 2014
- The majority of Open Government Data (OGD) initiatives around the world have focussed on the executive branches of government, exploring financial, infrastructure and administrative datasets. A smaller number have looked at legislativ...
- Open cities: the case of Montevideo
- F. Scrolini 2015
- This paper argues that policy objectives, resources, availability of data and technology play a role determining how open data ecosystems work. For open data policies to become an enabler of a more inclusive and open city different in...
- Work, family and public policy changes in Latin America: equity, maternalism and co-responsibility
- M. Blofield; J. Martínez / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2014
- Taking account of the substantial increase in female labour market participation that has occurred throughout the Latin American region, this article describes policies adopted with the aim of reconciling work and family responsibilit...
- Development strategies of Latin American and Caribbean countries and the green economy approach: a comparative analysis
- United Nations [UN] Environment Programme 2013
- The UN-led global debate on green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication, culminating at the Rio+20 Summit, presented a unique opportunity for nations to examine different development models, highlig...
- Climate-smart agriculture in Uruguay
- World Bank 2015
- In recent years, farmers have been affected by increased climatic variability, reflected in periods of excessive precipitation and flooding and more intensive and frequent drought. Uruguay has long been considered on the forefront of ...
- MenCare in Latin America: challenging harmful masculine norms and promoting positive changes in men’s caregiving
- S. José Santos / Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- It is estimated that 80 per cent of men will become fathers during their lifetimes, making clear the importance of, and opportunity for, engaging men and boys in care giving. This study details the implementation and impact of ...
- The Impact of Uruguay’s 2007 Tax Reform on Equity and Efficiency
- B. Martorano / Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze 2012
- In 2007, the Uruguayan government implemented a new tax reform which introduced a new progressive labour income tax, a flat capital income tax, and reduced some indirect taxes, with the objective of improving fiscal bal...
- The impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in Egypt and some Arab and emerging countries
- M. Badran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Telecommunications networks play a vital role in today’s economies. This study aims at examining the impact of broadband infrastructure on economic growth in in 22 emerging and Arab countries during the period (1998-2008). ...
- Shelter from the storm: upgrading housing infrastructure in Latin American slums
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2013
- Adequate housing, along with food and clothing, is considered by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a basic requirement for achieving a minimum living standard. Yet, inadequate housing, a primary characteristic of slum dwell...