Vietnam and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- My rights, my voice annual progress report 2012
- Oxfam, 2013
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) is an innovative three-year global programme, engaging marginalised children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The belief behind the MRMV initiative is that child...
- The dynamics of intrauterine device (IUD) use among Vietnamese women. A retrospective study
- T. H. Nguyen / Marie Stopes International, 2011
- This study examined the socio-demographic profile of IUD users in Viet Nam and assessed discontinuation and method-switching behaviour.The study was conducted among Vietnamese women who had received IUD services at commune health stat...
- MSI Mobile Outreach Services Retrospective evaluations from Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam.
- E. Gillian / Marie Stopes International, 2010
- A service evaluation was conducted across five MSI mobile outreach programmes (Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam). The study provides information to programmes on whether MSI mobile outreach services provide consi...
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east -Asian countries
- V. Tangcharoensathien; W. Patcharanarumol; P. Ir / The Lancet, 2011
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east-Asian countries are reviewed in this study. Those countries have sought to reduce dependence on out-of-pocket payments, increase pooled health finance, and expand service, stepping towards ...
- Resources from Young Lives study on childhood poverty
- Young Lives, 2011
- Working papers from the Young Lives study. Papers below date from 2010-2011. Please see the site for further selection of papers dating back to 2002. 'I'd rather be hit with a stick...Grades are sacred'...
- The likelihood of health workers taking up a rural area job under alternative incentive schemes
- Marko Vujcic; Marco Alfano; Bukhuti Shengelia / World Bank, 2010
- Globally, decision makers face serious challenges in attracting health workers to rural areas. According to the authors, while decision makers have access to a wide range of policy options, the effectiveness of interventions is highly...
- The need for community-based home care for older people in South East Asia
- HelpAge International, 2011
- This paper outlines the growing need for community-based home care for older people in South East Asia. It explains the model of home care introduced by HelpAge Korea in collaboration with HelpAge International in the 10 countries of ...
- Building access for disabled people
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2005
- According to the United Nations Development Programme four to six percent of the world’s population is disabled. The prevalence of disability in many developing countries is worsened by poor nutrition, disease, conflict and acci...
- Qualitative evidence on the family strategies and dilemmas of in their peak-child-bearing years in Vietnam
- C. Locke; , Nguyen Thi Thanh Tam; , Nguyen Thi NGan Hoa / Overseas Development Group, East Anglia University (UEA) School of Development Studies, 2010
- Rural-urban migration is a core livelihood strategy for many poor people in the developing world. In post-socialist economics, like-Vietnam, its significance is growing rapidly. What does this mean for gendered family wellbeing, parti...
- Studies on health and well-being among people aged 50 years and over in eight countries in Africa and Asia
- Umeå Centre for Global Health Research, 2010
- Selection of articles looking at the status of the elderly in Asia and Africa, resulting from the collaboration of the International Network for the Demographic Evaluation of Populations and Their Health (INDEPTH) and the World Health...