Vietnam and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- International success stories in reducing undernutrition: strategic choices, policy actions and lessons
- S.C. Vir / Public Health Foundation of India, 2011
- The overall burden of stunting in developing countries is estimated to have reduced from 40 per cent to 29 per cent. Reductions in undernutrition have not always demonstrated a direct relationship with economic development and progres...
- Success factors for women's and children's health: Policy and programme highlights from 10 fast-track cuontries
- The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, 2014
- There have been substantial achievements towards MDGs 4 and 5 (to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health) from 1990 (the baseline for the MDGs) to 2014. Despite this, every year 6.6 million children&nbs...
- Children’s multidimensional health and medium-run cognitive skills
- E. Aurino; F. Burchi / Young Lives, 2014
- By recognising the multifaceted nature of health, this paper engages in the lively debate on the effects of health in early childhood on educational outcomes in later life stages, bringing new evidence from four low-and middle-income ...
- Ageing and adult health status in eight lower-income countries: the INDEPTH WHO-SAGE collaboration
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2010
- Globally, ageing impacts all countries, with a majority of older persons residing in lower- and middle-income countries now and into the future. An understanding of the health and well-being of these ageing populations is important fo...
- Saved health, saved wealth: an approach to quantifying the benefits of climate change adaptation: Practical application in coastal protection projects in Viet Nam
- Bundesministerium fur wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung, 2013
- This report deals with the challenge of how to consistently estimate, monitor and evaluate the actual outcomes of their adaptation activities. Although many different approaches for various adaptation project types and sectors have be...
- My rights, my voice annual progress report 2012
- Oxfam, 2013
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) is an innovative three-year global programme, engaging marginalised children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The belief behind the MRMV initiative is that child...
- The dynamics of intrauterine device (IUD) use among Vietnamese women. A retrospective study
- T. H. Nguyen / Marie Stopes International, 2011
- This study examined the socio-demographic profile of IUD users in Viet Nam and assessed discontinuation and method-switching behaviour.The study was conducted among Vietnamese women who had received IUD services at commune health stat...
- MSI Mobile Outreach Services Retrospective evaluations from Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam.
- E. Gillian / Marie Stopes International, 2010
- A service evaluation was conducted across five MSI mobile outreach programmes (Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam). The study provides information to programmes on whether MSI mobile outreach services provide consi...
- Practical and evidence-based policy actions to achieve food security in the context of climate change
- J. Beddington (ed); M. Asaduzzaman (ed); M. Clark (ed) / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security, 2012
- This report, released by the Commission on Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change, identifies a set of clear actions to be undertaken by key stakeholders to achieve food security in the context of climate change. It reasons that w...
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east -Asian countries
- V. Tangcharoensathien; W. Patcharanarumol; P. Ir / The Lancet, 2011
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east-Asian countries are reviewed in this study. Those countries have sought to reduce dependence on out-of-pocket payments, increase pooled health finance, and expand service, stepping towards ...