Vietnam and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The Political Economy of Avian Influenza Response and Control in Vietnam
- T. Vu / STEPS Centre, Institute of Development Studies 2009
- As a country suffering from large-scale Avian Influenza (AI) outbreaks and receiving considerable international support, Vietnam provides a crucial case not to be missed in any analysis of the global AI crisis. Vietnam is also in...
- International success stories in reducing undernutrition: strategic choices, policy actions and lessons
- S.C. Vir / Public Health Foundation of India 2011
- The overall burden of stunting in developing countries is estimated to have reduced from 40 per cent to 29 per cent. Reductions in undernutrition have not always demonstrated a direct relationship with economic development and progres...
- Success factors for women's and children's health: Policy and programme highlights from 10 fast-track cuontries
- The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health 2014
- There have been substantial achievements towards MDGs 4 and 5 (to reduce child mortality and improve maternal health) from 1990 (the baseline for the MDGs) to 2014. Despite this, every year 6.6 million children&nbs...
- Children’s multidimensional health and medium-run cognitive skills
- E. Aurino; F. Burchi / Young Lives 2014
- By recognising the multifaceted nature of health, this paper engages in the lively debate on the effects of health in early childhood on educational outcomes in later life stages, bringing new evidence from four low-and middle-income ...
- Ageing and adult health status in eight lower-income countries: the INDEPTH WHO-SAGE collaboration
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya 2010
- Globally, ageing impacts all countries, with a majority of older persons residing in lower- and middle-income countries now and into the future. An understanding of the health and well-being of these ageing populations is important fo...
- My rights, my voice annual progress report 2012
- Oxfam 2013
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) is an innovative three-year global programme, engaging marginalised children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The belief behind the MRMV initiative is that child...
- The dynamics of intrauterine device (IUD) use among Vietnamese women. A retrospective study
- T. H. Nguyen / Marie Stopes International 2011
- This study examined the socio-demographic profile of IUD users in Viet Nam and assessed discontinuation and method-switching behaviour.The study was conducted among Vietnamese women who had received IUD services at commune health stat...
- MSI Mobile Outreach Services Retrospective evaluations from Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam.
- E. Gillian / Marie Stopes International 2010
- A service evaluation was conducted across five MSI mobile outreach programmes (Ethiopia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Viet Nam). The study provides information to programmes on whether MSI mobile outreach services provide consi...
- Practical and evidence-based policy actions to achieve food security in the context of climate change
- J. Beddington (ed); M. Asaduzzaman (ed); M. Clark (ed) / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2012
- This report, released by the Commission on Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change, identifies a set of clear actions to be undertaken by key stakeholders to achieve food security in the context of climate change. It reasons that w...
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east -Asian countries
- V. Tangcharoensathien; W. Patcharanarumol; P. Ir / The Lancet 2011
- Health-financing reforms in seven south-east-Asian countries are reviewed in this study. Those countries have sought to reduce dependence on out-of-pocket payments, increase pooled health finance, and expand service, stepping towards ...