Vietnam and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Patterns and drivers of internal migration among youth in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
- M.F. Gavonel / Young Lives 2017
- There is general consensus in literature on migration that migrants are primarily young people. During the transition to adulthood, young people make important choices regarding education, labour force participation, and famil...
- Understanding children’s experiences of violence in Viet Nam: evidence from Young Lives
- Vu Thi Thanh Huong / Young Lives 2016
- Despite the fact that the Vietnamese Government has issued many laws and regulations to protect children from harm and exploitation, research has shown that violence against children in Viet Nam is widespread. With the aim of ...
- My rights, my voice annual progress report 2012
- Oxfam 2013
- My Rights, My Voice (MRMV) is an innovative three-year global programme, engaging marginalised children and youth in their rights to health and education services in eight countries. The belief behind the MRMV initiative is that child...
- Understanding childhood poverty as a multidimensional concept
- P. Dornan; J. Boyden 2011
- This paper discusses the methodology of Young Lives - a 15-year study of childhood poverty in Ethiopia, India, Vietnam and Peru, following the lives of 3,000 children in each country. The Young Lives programme is interested in c...
- Decisive strategies towards fair schooling are required in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
- H. Murray / Young Lives 2012
- Millions of poor children and families are investing scarce resources in going to school, in the hope that it will lead to a better life. This paper looks at children’s unequal trajectories from early childhood through to the ti...
- Children’s action for disaster risk reduction: views from children in Asia
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2012
- This report indicates that Asian children and youth have been involved in hazard mapping, raising awareness through radio and games, as well as influencing other children, their teachers, parents and communities on how to reduce the e...
- Is School Education Breaking the Cycle of Poverty for Children: Factors Shaping Education Inequalities in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
- H. Murray / Young Lives 2012
- School education is held up as an escape route from poverty. Millions of poor children and families are buying into this promise and often investing scarce resources in going to school, in the hope that it will lead to a b...
- Extra Classes and Subjective Well-Being: Empirical Evidence from Vietnamese Children
- I. Ko / Young Lives 2009
- Do children with access to private tutoring feel happier than those without? In answering this question, this paper offers a novel way to understand the potential merit of providing private tutoring for children. Using a unique data s...
- Resources from Young Lives study on childhood poverty
- Young Lives 2011
- Working papers from the Young Lives study. Papers below date from 2010-2011. Please see the site for further selection of papers dating back to 2002. 'I'd rather be hit with a stick...Grades are sacred'...
- Child injury in Asia
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre 2007
- This special Innocenti series on Child Injury, developed jointly by UNICEF and TASC, presents recently acquired evidence from surveys in five Asian countries: Bangladesh, China, Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam. The surveys are larg...