Laâyoune / El Aaiún
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- P for plunder: Morocco's exports of phosphates from occupied Western Sahara, 2012 & 2013
- All life on the planet, and so all agricultural production, depends on phosphorus, P. That element is found in phosphate rock and turned into fertilizers. For the people of Western Sahara, their P does not grow into benefits. Rather t...
- Occupation and Omega3: What happened to the Western Sahara fish oil trade?
- Western Sahara was invaded by Morocco in late 1975 and remains mostly occupied by it today. The fishing industry is controlled by the Moroccan government. Thousands of tonnes of fish are every year boiled to oil and exported to E...
- Guidance for NGOs on human rights work in the Middle East and North Africa
- A. Bendrif; S. al Karaguly; M. Laghzaoui; et al. / Network Learning 2009
- The international human rights system has been slow to develop in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. However, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and civil society organisations (CSOs) can play an important role advocat...
- Exploring conflict mediation in Africa
- A. Åberg; S. Laederach; J. Mason (ed) / Swisspeace 2008
- This is a comparative study of conflict mediation efforts based on 11 African cases. It is done with the aim of 'unpacking' the mystery of mediation, in order to learn about the use of mediation in African peace processes. The peace p...
- A case for the independence of Western Sahara
- P. Leite / Nordic Africa Institute / Nordiska Afrikainstitutet, Uppsala 2006
- This collection of articles looks at the role of natural resources in Western Sahara and outlines the framework for Western Saharas independence from Morocco. There is no doubt that the question of the natural resources o...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...