Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Barriers to completing TB diagnosis in Yemen: services should respond to patients’ needs
- Rachel M. Anderson de Cuevas / PLoS ONE 2014
- Obtaining a diagnosis of tuberculosis (TB) is a prerequisite for accessing specific treatment, yet one third of estimated new cases are missed worldwide by National Programmes. This study investigated economic, geographical, socio-cul...
- Socio-economic inequalities in maternity care under political instability: evidence From Egypt, Jordan and Yemen
- A.S. Rashad; M.F. Sharaf / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Medical care during pregnancy is crucial for protecting women from health risks during and after pregnancy, and has been consistently linked to better child health outcomes. Improving maternal health is one of the Millennium Developme...
- Implementing energy subsidy reforms: evidence from developing countries
- M. Vagliasindi / World Bank 2013
- This report aims to provide the emerging lessons from a representative sample of 20 country case studies that could help policy makers to address implementation challenges, including overcoming political economy and affordability cons...
- Understanding democratic transition using self-organizing maps: a special focus on Arab spring countries
- H. Haffoudhi; R. Mehdi; G. Abdelkader / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- In December 2010, a popular protest movement erupted in Tunisia and spread to Egypt, Libya, and across the Middle East. However, although “Arab Spring” countries began in roughly similar places, the current paper clarifies...
- Public spending efficiency, governance, and political and economic policies: is there a substantial causal relation? Evidence from selected MENA countries
- R. Brini; H. Jemmali / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- This paper seeks a robust methodology for the estimation of the relative public spending efficiency of eleven Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries over the period 1996-2011. Using the non-parametric Data Envelopment Analysis ...
- Fiscal institutions and macroeconomic management in resource rich economies: the case of Yemen
- M. Al Iriani; Y. Al Eriani / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- The link between natural resource outcomes and the quality of institutions has attracted considerable attention in natural resource literature. But only very recently has its link to fiscal rules and institutions been discussed, focus...
- Cost assessment of environmental degradation in the Middle East and North Africa region – selected issues
- B. Larsen / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- This paper estimates the cost of inadequate potable water, sanitation and hygiene, outdoor air pollution, and cropland degradation in 16 countries of the Arab League. The paper pointes that the 16 countries under study represent great...
- Income level and environmental quality in the MENA countries: discussing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis
- H. M'henni; M.E.H. Arouri; A.B. Youssef / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- The relationship between environmental quality and economic growth is puzzling. This paper illustrates that according to the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) hypothesis, as income increases, emissions increase as well until some thre...
- Climate change policy in the MENA region: prospects, challenges, and the implication of market instruments
- M.H. Babiker; M.A. Fehaid / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Given its harsh climate and fragile ecosystems, the MENA region is vulnerable to the physical impacts of climate change; yet, given its high dependency on hydrocarbon resources, the region is also vulnerable to the impacts of climate ...
- Firm level data in the ERF region: research questions, data requirements and possibilities
- I. Atiyas / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- This paper presents an overview of research that is done on the basis of firm-level data, to provide some thoughts on what sort of research questions would be fruitful for the ERF region (Arab countries, Iran and Turkey) to address. ...