Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Adolescent and youth reproductive health in Yemen
- US Agency for International Development 2003
- Survey of the reproductive health status of adolescents in the country. The report looks at the social context and gender socialization issues that set girls and boys apart in terms of life expectations, educational attainment,...
- Report for the UK Gender and Development Network
- A. Whitehead / Christian Aid 2003
- More than half the poor citizens of heavily indebted developing countries are women. Since 1999, the international financial institutions have required these countries to formulate nationally owned participatory poverty-reduction stra...
- A practical guide and case studies for planners.
- J. Treweek / United Nations [UN] Environment Programme 2001
- This report is one of eight thematic reviews prepared for the Biodiversity Planning Support Programme (BPSP)which was created to help countries strengthen national capacity to prepare and implement National Biodiversity Strategies and...
- Economic gains from distributing condoms and improving access to clean needles for IDUs
- D Robalino; C. Jenkins; K. El Maroufi / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank 2002
- In the Middle East and North Africa, HIV/AIDS prevalence is low when compared with other regions. However, the authors make the case that lack of surveillance may cause authorities to miss significant numbers of cases and that necessary ris...
- PRS paper for Yemen
- PovertyNet, World Bank 2002
- This PRSP for Yemen was published in May 2002 The report focuses on: current challenges economic developments and the reform process the poverty situation in Yemen including the social safety ne...
- Traditional financing methods do not meet needs of "Avant-garde" SMEs in Arab countries
- M. El-Gemal; N. El-Megharbel; H. Inanoglu / Egyptian Center for Economic Studies (ECES), Egypt 2001
- Recent studies have indicated that SMEs play an important role in economic growth, export promotion, and employment creation. Considering that the majority of Arab countries are currently trying to make progress in these areas, this p...
- Developing Small Dams and Social Capital in Yemen: Local Responses to External Assistance
- D.L. Vermillion / International Association for the Study of Common Property 2000
- This paper examines six cases of small dam development along small seasonal rivers (wadi) in the rugged mountainous province of Al-Mahweet in north central Yemen. Development of small dams is a current priority of the Governmen...
- Do poor girls in the Yemen and Egypt have lower educational attainment and engage in child labour?
- S. E. El-Kogali; E. A Suliman / Workshop on the Analysis of Poverty and its Determinants in the MENA Region 2001
- The objective of this study is to examine the impacts of poverty on children's health status and educational attainment in Yemen and Egypt. The hypothesis is children from poor families, particularly girls have lower health status, lo...