Yemen and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Abolishing the juvenile death penalty in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan, and Yemen
- Human Rights Watch, 2008
- Strongly advocating banning the juvenile death penalty, this paper looks at a number of countries where the juvenile death penalty is sill used, namely Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan, and Yemen. The authors conclude with a number...
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- Analysing the costs and benefits of investing in early childhood care and education in the Arab States
- J. van Ravens; C. Aggio / Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2008
- The report analyses the cost associated with expanding early childhood care and education (ECCE), using the Arab States as the case study region. According to the report, particularly in this region, high levels of grade repetition an...
- The situation of young Muslim women from a child’s right perspective, Middle East
- P. Ouis / Save the Children [Sweden], 2006
- This Save the Children publication investigates the situation of girls aged 12-18 years old in the Middle East with particular emphasis on the issues of participation and non-discrimination; the latter from the perspective of gender-b...
- Governments failing to provide adequate sexual and reproductive health services for young people in the Arab States and Iran
- B.L. Shepard; J.L DeJong / Harvard School of Public Health, 2005
- This research reviews young peoples sexual and reproductive health (YPSRH) and gender issues affecting young people ages 1024 in 19 Arab States and the Islamic Republic of Iran. The situation analysis revealed an urgent ne...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...
- Child labour, education, and access to water and electricity: El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Morocco and Yemen
- L. Guarcello; S. Lyon; F. Rosati / Understanding Children's Work, Innocenti Research Centre, 2004
- Analyses of the determinants of child labour have largely neglected the role of access to basic services. The availability of these services can affect the value of childrens time and, concomitantly, household decisions concerni...
- Reproductive health status of youth in Asia and the Near East
- K. Hardee; P. Pine; L. Taggart Wasson / Policy Project, Futures Group, Washington, 2004
- This paper presents the findings of a series of assessments of adolescent and youth reproductive health conducted by the Policy Project in 13 countries in the Asia and Near East (ANE) region. The countries include Egypt, Jordan, Moroc...
- Adolescent and youth reproductive health in Yemen
- US Agency for International Development, 2003
- Survey of the reproductive health status of adolescents in the country. The report looks at the social context and gender socialization issues that set girls and boys apart in terms of life expectations, educational attainment,...
- Do poor girls in the Yemen and Egypt have lower educational attainment and engage in child labour?
- S. E. El-Kogali; E. A Suliman / Workshop on the Analysis of Poverty and its Determinants in the MENA Region, 2001
- The objective of this study is to examine the impacts of poverty on children's health status and educational attainment in Yemen and Egypt. The hypothesis is children from poor families, particularly girls have lower health status, lo...