Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Corporate social responsibility and political settlements in the mining sector in Ghana, Zambia and Peru
- T. Frederiksen / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2017
- This paper explores and compares the political effects of corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the mining sector in Zambia, Ghana and Peru. The paper adopts a political settlements approach to answer the question: How do t...
- The politics of promoting social protection in Zambia
- K. Pruce; S. Hickey / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2017
- The rise of the social protection agenda in Zambia over the past few years seems in some ways to fit with mainstream accounts of how welfare states are likely to emergein developing countries, particularly in terms of the links to ele...
- Zambia’s constitutional Groundhog Day: why national debate about constitutional reform is not going away anytime soon
- G. Masterson / South African Institute of International Affairs 2017
- Since independence, Zambia has had five major constitutional amendments (an average of one every 10 years), a fact that has raised concerns about the countrys constitutional foundations. The constitution has been made a ...
- Illicit financial flows estimating trade mispricing and trade-based money laundering for five African countries
- K. Nicolaou-Manias; Y. Wu / Global Economic Governance Africa 2016
- Illicit financial flows (IFFs) are garnered through the proceeds of illicit trade, trade mispricing, transfer pricing and other forms of organised profit-motivated crime. This paper focuses on the commercial tax evasion component of i...
- Climate change and rural institutions strengthening climate change adaptation in Zambia
- Danish Institute for International Studies 2015
- The Government of Zambia is making important progress in establishing a national framework for climate change adaptation. However, there is a need for more attention to the crucial role of district level institutions such as L...
- Better Life Alliance in Zambia: Climate change mitigation as a co-benefit of improved landscape, agroforestry, soil, and fertilizer management
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- Established in 2011, BLA was a 4-year project funded by the Feed the Future (FTF) initiative and implemented by Community Markets for Conservation Ltd. (COMACO) in the Luangwa valley in the Eastern Province of Zambia (Figure 1). BLA a...
- Zambia climate action report
- Irish Aid 2015
- As a Least Developed Country, Zambia produced a National Adaptation Plan of Action (NAPA) in 2007. The NAPA documents national circumstances, vulnerabilities, and expected impacts from climate change in Zambia, as well as identifying ...
- Responding to the Safety and Security Needs of LGBTI Communities and Organisations: A situational analysis of Malawi, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Hivos 2013
- The Safety and Security Project within Hivoss (Humanist Institute for Cooperation with Developing Countries) LGBTI Programme aims to ensure that LGBTI persons are able to live and work within safe communities without the fear of...
- Cost of abortions in Zambia: A comparison of safe abortion and post abortion care
- Divya Parmar; Tiziana Leone; Ernestina Coast; Susan Murray; Eleanor Hukin; Bellington Vwalika / Global Public Health 2015
- Unsafe abortion is a significant but preventable cause of maternal mortality. Although induced abortion has been legal in Zambia since 1972, many women still face logistical, financial, social, and legal obstacles to access safe abort...
- Pregnancy termination trajectories in Zambia
- Ernestina Coast; Susan Murray / International Union for the Scientific Study of Population 2014
- Unsafe abortion is a significant, but preventable cause of maternal mortality in Zambia. The authors compared the trajectories of women seeking safe abortion with those receiving care following unsafe abortion. They interviewed women ...