Zambia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Needs, challenges and opportunities: adolescents and young people living with HIV in Zambia
- C. Haamujompa / International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2011
- The aims of this qualitative study, carried out in 2010, were twofold. The first was to explore and document the psychosocial, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) needs of adolescents (10-19) living with HIV in Zambia. The second aim...
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- Physical and sexual violence is associated with multiple adverse health behaviours
- D. W. Brown; L. Riley; A. Butchart / Bulletin of the World Health Organization : the International Journal of Public Health, 2009
- This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, examines associations between exposure to physical violence (PV) or sexual violence (SV) and adverse health behaviours among a sample of children in five Africa...
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- HIV and hunger: community perspectives from Kitwe, Zambia
- N. Duck (ed); S. Hauenstein Swan (ed) / Action Against Hunger, 2008
- This report documents the findings of Local Voices, a six month qualitative research project that provided HIV orphans, vulnerable children and their carers with the opportunity to discuss and document the difficulties they face provi...
- Manual to run programmes that empower orphans and vulnerable children living in a world with HIV and AIDS
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2007
- This training manual from the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) details how to set up and run a Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools (JFFLS) programme. The programmes are designed to empower o...
- Countering the stigma suffered by HIV positive children
- S. Clay; C. Chiiya; M. Chonta / Pact Tanzania, 2007
- What is the impact of stigma on children? This toolkit aims to help explore and understand the different ways in which children are stigmatised, and to look at strategies to change attitudes and experiences. It provides guidance to he...
- Harmonising child rights laws in Eastern and Southern Africa
- African Child Policy Forum, 2007
- This report reviews and analyses how far 19 Eastern and Southern African countries have gone in harmonising and implementing the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Righ...
- Story telling to tackle psychosocial problems
- J. Morgan / Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative For Children Affected by HIV/AIDS, 2006
- This manual leads children and youth, in groups, through a series of autobiographical story telling and art exercises, designed to explore solutions and to mobilise a community response, in the face of specific personal and social cha...