Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Responding to the Safety and Security Needs of LGBTI Communities and Organisations: A situational analysis of Malawi, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Hivos 2013
- The Safety and Security Project within Hivoss (Humanist Institute for Cooperation with Developing Countries) LGBTI Programme aims to ensure that LGBTI persons are able to live and work within safe communities without the fear of...
- Climate resilient development: experience from an African capacity development programme
- The African Ministers' Council on Water 2016
- This learning brief presents insights and lessons learned from a capacity development programme on water security and climate resilient development covering eight countries in Africa Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Ghana, Moza...
- The role of community conversations in facilitating local HIV competence: case study from rural Zimbabwe
- BMC Public Health 2013
- This journal article examines the potential of using community conversations to strengthen positive responses to HIV in resource-poor environments. Guided by a facilitator, community members collectively identify local strengths and c...
- Audience reception and evaluation study for Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR ) Communication Program in Malawi, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Soul Beat 2014
- Soul City is coordinating the implementation of a program on sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) among youths and key populations in Southern Africa. The component focusing on key populations namely female sex workers...
- Land, biodiversity and extractive industries in southern Africa: How effective are legal and institutional frameworks in protecting people and the environment?
- Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa 2016
- In the natural resources sector, laws are often formulated to regulate the relationship between men and the environment. Ideally, the law can play a vital role in regulating and protecting communities from adverse environmental and so...
- Empowering women and girls to improve nutrition: building a sisterhood of success
- Scaling Up Nutrition 2016
- As evidence has long suggested, gender inequality can be a cause as well as an effect of hunger and malnutrition. Not surprisingly, higher levels of gender discrimination are associated with higher levels of both acute and chr...
- Feminist Africa e-spaces:e-politics
- A. Mama (ed) / African Gender Institute, South Africa 2013
- Feminist Africa (FA) is a continental gender studies journal that provides a platform for intellectual and activist research, dialogue and strategy. Currently based in Cape Town, South Africa, FA is guided by a profound commitment to ...
- Women’s economic empowerment and care: evidence for influencing
- L. Rost; K. Bates; L. Dellepiane / Oxfam 2015
- Care responsibilities is being increasingly identified as a factor restricting women’s empowerment outcomes, yet there is limited evidence on determinants of long hours or gender inequality in care work. To gain a clearer unders...
- Traditional gender roles of men and women in natural resource conservation among the vhavenda people in Zimbabwe: implications for sustainable development
- M. Mukoni / International Journal of Humanities and Social Science 2015
- Natural resource conservation is key to the concept of sustainable development, yet environmental pressures continue to increase, including soil degradation, water availability, and nutrient cycling. Within natural resource conservati...
- The Sanitation Hygiene Infant Nutrition Efficacy (SHINE) Trial: Rationale, Design, and Methods
- J. Humphrey / Clinical Infectious Diseases 2015
- Child stunting and anemia are intractable public health problems in developing countries and have profound short- and long-term consequences. The Sanitation Hygiene Infant Nutrition Efficacy (SHINE) trial is motivated by the premise t...