Zimbabwe and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Factors shaping the HIV-competence of two primary schools in rural Zimbabwe
- International Journal of Educational Development 2015
- School attendance often has positive impacts on the well-being of HIV-affected and HIV-vulnerable children in sub-Saharan Africa. In the context of the growing emphasis on the need for schools to go beyond education, inter...
- The role of schools in supporting HIV-affected children in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review
- L.B. Andersen / London School of Economics 2012
- HIV-affected children (themselves sick/with sick parents/orphaned) are particularly vulnerable to poor nutrition, mental and physical health, sexual abuse and poverty - which consequently tend to have a negative impact on their school...
- HIV-related discrimination among grade six Students in nine Southern African countries
- B. Maughan-Brown; N. Spaull / PLoS ONE 2014
- HIV-related stigmatisation and discrimination by young children towards their peers have important consequences at the individual level and for our response to the epidemic, yet research on this area is limited. This study exam...
- Our time to be heard: stories giving voice to young people and their experience of HIV
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- Produced by a network of citizen journalists around the world who report the HIV, health, and human rights stories affecting them and their communities, this collection of stories highlights the current challenges that young people ar...
- A call to establish a child-centred disaster management framework in Zimbabwe
- R.M. Silah / Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies 2015
- This paper focuses on the vulnerability of children to hazards and disasters. It highlights that disasters do not affect all groups in a society in a similar manner. The research shows that owing to their special physiological,...
- Shaping our collective futures: the Africa we want
- N Abdulmelik (ed) 2013
- In 50 years, what kind of Africa can we envision, and then proceed to achieve? What are the non-negotiables? What agenda will see a true transformation of the world in which we live? What factors will enable us to not simply survive, ...
- Synthesis report on current and emerging youth policies and initiatives with links to agriculture: the case of Malawi, Mauritius, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zimbabwe
- R. Omoti / Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Analysis Network 2012
- Sub–Saharan African (SSA) countries have a unique population profile, with 44 percent of its population being under the age of 15, making it the youngest region of the world. In spite of the formally recognized role of agricultu...
- Physical and sexual violence is associated with multiple adverse health behaviours
- D. W. Brown; L. Riley; A. Butchart / Bulletin of the World Health Organization : the International Journal of Public Health 2009
- This article, published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization, examines associations between exposure to physical violence (PV) or sexual violence (SV) and adverse health behaviours among a sample of children in five Africa...
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- Manual to run programmes that empower orphans and vulnerable children living in a world with HIV and AIDS
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2007
- This training manual from the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) details how to set up and run a Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools (JFFLS) programme. The programmes are designed to empower o...