Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Older voices in humanitarian crises: calling for change
- HelpAge International 2016
- This report documents the situation of older refugees fleeing from conflict in Syria, Ukraine and South Sudan. The findings contribute to a growing body of evidence illustrating the failure of the humanitarian system to protect older ...
- Strengthening the resiliency of dryland forest-based livelihoods in Ethiopia and South Sudan: A review of literature on the interaction between dryland forests, livelihoods and forest governance
- S. Lawry; R. McLain; H. Kassa / Center for International Forestry Research 2015
- This literature review explores how political, economic and resource management policies and programs can reduce forest degradation and increase the contribution of forest goods and services to sustainable livelihood strategies. ...
- Seasonality in South Sudan
- L. Bolton; S. Thompson / Health and Education Advice and Resource Team 2015
- This Helpdesk Report responds to the following query: Document the characteristics of seasonal spikes in South Sudan: what sector/ areas of needs is concerned (food insecurity, acute malnutrition, diseases, anythi...
- Building state capacity for inclusive development: the politics of public sector reform
- B. Bukenya; P. Yanguas / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- A capable state is essential for inclusive development, and developing countries are seeking to build it through a multifaceted agenda of public sector reform (PSR). This paper provides an analytically-driven review of PSR as a policy...
- The creation of South Sudan: prospects and challenges
- A. Varma / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2011
- On July 9, 2011, South Sudan achieved independence by separating from the northern state of Sudan to become the youngest nation in the world. The redoubtable challenge it faces is the continuance of the violent conflicts, mainly in th...
- Poverty alleviation in Southern Sudan: the case of Rank County
- A.E. Yassin,; A. Salih; S. Gafar / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- The main objective of this study is to investigate the poverty status and its determinants in Rank County, Upper Nile State-Southern Sudan. The paper utilises both primary and secondary data and finds that about 87% and 73% of ...
- South Sudan within a new Sudan
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2006
- The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) in Cape Town, South Africa, hosted a two-day policy advisory group seminar on 20 and 21 April 2006 in Franschhoek, South Africa, on the theme, South Sudan Within a New Sudan. The objecti...
- Stabilising Sudan: domestic, sub-regional, and extra-regional challenges: seminar report
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2010
- The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) in Cape Town, South Africa, hosted a two-day policy advisory group seminar on August 2010 in Somerset West, Western Cape, on the theme: “Stabilising Sudan: Domestic, Sub-Regional, and Ext...
- Global Responsibility to Protect (GR2P): special issue: Africa’s responsibility to protect
- Introductory article to edition of the journal Global Responsibility to Protect (GR2P) — a special African issue — commissioned and overseen by CCR. The introduction sketches the recent development of the ‘res...
- Peace and Security Council Report: Issue 66
- Institute for Security Studies 2015
- This edition includes: Special Focus: African Union summit: Heads of state of the PSC deferred the tabling of a crucial report on South Sudan and decided to send a regional force to combat Boko Haram. A range of side me...