India and Aid and debt
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS aid collection
Search for the latest aid-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The development compact: a theoretical construct for South-South cooperation
- S. Chaturvedi / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- Indias development cooperation efforts began soon after the country gained its independence in 1947. Indeed there are some incidences that date back to even pre-independence days. India is strong believer of the fact tha...
- Emergence of LoCs as a modality in India’s development cooperation: evolving policy context and new challenges
- P. Saxena / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- Development cooperation is an integral part of Indias foreign policy and India has been extending cooperation to its fellow developing countries even before its independence in 1947. In present times, Indias deve...
- Making sustainable development the key focus of the BRICS New Development Bank
- T. Bertelsmann-Scott; C. Friis; C. Prinsloo / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- As the New Development Bank (NDB) gears up to extend its first loans in the second quarter of 2016, with its self-stated aim to fund infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies...
- South-South cooperation: mapping new frontiers
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- Ideological solidarity apart, what has imparted an added traction and resonance to South-South Cooperation is a marked increase in intra-South trade, investment and developmental cooperation. The 2008 global economic slowdown, by defa...
- Sharing of social sectors experiences in IBSA: assessment of initiatives and way forward
- B. Pandey / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- The establishment of the India-Brazil-South Africa Trilateral Cooperation Forum (IBSA), formalised by the Brasilia Declaration in 2003 is a distinctive international trilateral development initiative to promote South- South cooperatio...
- The new Development Bank: identifying strategic and operational priorities
- Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- At the 2014 BRICS1 Summit held in July 2014 in Fortaleza, Brazil, the heads of the Amember states signed an agreement establishing a New Development Bank (NDB) that will finance infrastructure and sustainable development projects. The...
- Indian Development Cooperation: the State of the Debate
- S. Chaturvedi; A. Chenoy; D. Chopra; A. Joshi; K.H. Lagdhyan / Institute of Development Studies UK 2014
- India is becoming an important player in global development. India’s increased volume of development coopreration (particularly to African countries), its clearer articulation of a rejection of ‘traditional’ aid...
- India's development cooperation with Ethiopia in sugar production: an assessment
- S. Kumar / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- Ethiopia is one of the few countries in Africa with whom India has enjoyed a long standing partnership in development cooperation. In 2006, India provided a US$ 640 million line of credit to Ethiopia for development of its sugar indus...
- The politics of aid revisited: a review of evidence on state capacity and elite commitment
- A.D. Haan; W. Warmerdam / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This paper argues for a better empirical insight into how donors interact with formal and informal institutions in the countries where they work, particularly in aid-dependent countries. The paper highlights that it is critical to see...
- The United Nations Post-2015 Agenda for Global Development: perspectives from China and Europe
- T. Fues (ed); J. Ye (ed) / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik / German Development Institute (GDI) 2014
- This publication focuses on scholarly discourses and policy challenges in China and Germany. Articles from The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), also cover European perspectives whil...