South Africa and Aid and debt
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS aid collection
Search for the latest aid-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Making sustainable development the key focus of the BRICS New Development Bank
- T. Bertelsmann-Scott; C. Friis; C. Prinsloo / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- As the New Development Bank (NDB) gears up to extend its first loans in the second quarter of 2016, with its self-stated aim to fund infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies...
- Sharing of social sectors experiences in IBSA: assessment of initiatives and way forward
- B. Pandey / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- The establishment of the India-Brazil-South Africa Trilateral Cooperation Forum (IBSA), formalised by the Brasilia Declaration in 2003 is a distinctive international trilateral development initiative to promote South- South cooperatio...
- Chasing civil society? Evaluation of Fredskorpset
- E. Tjønneland / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2016
- The evaluation has assessed FK Norway’s approach and strategy when it comes to strengthening civil society in developing countries. This is one of FK Norway’s overarching objectives and core activities, as stated in the in...
- Proceedings Report on IGD Symposium: Trilateral Cooperation
- Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2015
- As countries such as South Africa continue to increase their involvement in development diplomacy, this is an area of research which must continue to be explored, especially given its potential for fostering global partnerships and fi...
- The new Development Bank: identifying strategic and operational priorities
- Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- At the 2014 BRICS1 Summit held in July 2014 in Fortaleza, Brazil, the heads of the Amember states signed an agreement establishing a New Development Bank (NDB) that will finance infrastructure and sustainable development projects. The...
- South Africa-China multi-lateral co-operation: BRICS and FOCAC
- Y. Kim; N. Tukic / Centre for Chinese Studies, University of Stellenbosch 2015
- The 21st Century has witnessed the emergence of a number of non-western powers, many of which have entered into formal partnerships, driven predominantly by a common development agenda. A prominent engagement within this new context i...
- The United Nations Post-2015 Agenda for Global Development: perspectives from China and Europe
- T. Fues (ed); J. Ye (ed) / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik / German Development Institute (GDI) 2014
- This publication focuses on scholarly discourses and policy challenges in China and Germany. Articles from The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), also cover European perspectives whil...
- Policy framework for Foreign Direct Investment promotion in South Africa: operations, effectiveness and Sustainability
- M. Sharp / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- Foreign direct investment promotion in South Africa has expanded considerably in the two decades from 1995 to 2015. The investment promotion system is quite decentralised, with much of the work being carried out by provincial governme...
- BRICS partnership: a case of South- South cooperation? Exploring the roles of South Africa and Africa
- C. Moore / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2013
- The BRICS partnership is developing rapidly. Current global events, such as the economic crisis in the advanced industrialised economies, and hand-wringing over the crisis in Syria, have brought the group, and its individual members, ...
- South Africa in the transitioning multilateral development cooperation landscape
- A.M. Pillay / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2014
- Between 2006 and 2010, South Africa received an estimated R 200 million (US$ 22 million) from various Western governments and agencies through the United Nations Development Fund (UNDP). Yet about one fifth of the total sum of this De...