Uganda and Aid and debt
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS aid collection
Search for the latest aid-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Chasing civil society? Evaluation of Fredskorpset
- E. Tjønneland / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2016
- The evaluation has assessed FK Norway’s approach and strategy when it comes to strengthening civil society in developing countries. This is one of FK Norway’s overarching objectives and core activities, as stated in the in...
- The politics of aid revisited: a review of evidence on state capacity and elite commitment
- A.D. Haan; W. Warmerdam / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- This paper argues for a better empirical insight into how donors interact with formal and informal institutions in the countries where they work, particularly in aid-dependent countries. The paper highlights that it is critical to see...
- Review of Norad´s Assistance to gender mainstreaming in the energy and petroleum sector 2010-2014
- E. v d Bergh Collier / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2015
- Background A review of Norad’s assistance to gender mainstreaming in the energy and petroleum sector through the framework agreement with ENERGIA was conducted by Norconsult in 2014. The purpose of the Framework Agreement...
- Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda reports
- D. Budlender / UN Women 2009
- These research reports (one composite report and ten country reports) have been generated as part of the UNIFEM programme, 'Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda'. The three-year programme...
- Enhancing the integrity of the Oil for Development Programme: Assessing vulnerabilities to corruption and identifying prevention measures - case studies of Bolivia, Mozambique Uganda. Final report.
- M. Henstridge 2012
- The overall objective of the OfD program is to promote economically, environmentally and socially responsible management of petroleum resources which safeguards the needs of future generations. To achieve this, the OfD program works t...
- Lessons learned from the joint response to corruption in Uganda
- M.D. Vibe / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway 2011
- Given the stagnating trend on corruption in Uganda and the need to consolidate accountability reforms ahead of the inflow of oil revenues, international development partners developed a Joint Response to Corruption (JRTC) in early 200...
- Addressing the impact of AIDS on older people in sub-Saharan Africa - lessons from HelpAge
- HelpAge International 2011
- During the period 2006 – 2010, a regional HIV and AIDS advocacy programme was implemented in the sub Saharan African countries. In this respect, HelpAge and its partners undertook a number of activities under the thematic areas ...
- Donors address HIV epidemic for women and girls
- K. Ashburn; N. Oomman; D. Wendt / Center for Global Development, USA 2009
- In the 1980s, at the beginning of the HIV and AIDS epidemic, it was estimated that about a third of all people infected worldwide were women. After just one decade this had risen to more than half and now today in sub-Saharan Africa, ...
- The impact of global health initiatives on equity in financing Uganda's health sector
- Charlotte M Zikusooka; Mark Tumwine; Patrick Tutembe / EQUINET: Network for Equity in Health in Southern Africa 2009
- Global health initiatives (GHIs) are an emerging and global trend in health that focus on partnerships. The introduction of GHIs in Uganda has had significant impacts on the overall financing of the health system, though there has bee...
- The water sector and aid effectiveness
- K Welle; B Evans; J Tucker / Overseas Development Institute 2008
- This paper reviews the extent to which the five Paris Principles (PPs) on Aid Effectiveness (AE) are being applied in the water and sanitation sector. Comparisons are made between the water, health and education sectors. The five prin...