Philippines and Governance Assessments
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Policy-based lending programs in the Philippines
- M. Lamberte / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 1994
- Despite deregulation of the financial markets such as liberalization of foreign bank entry and branching, the government continues to directly intervene in the credit markets through several special credit programs. In the effo...
- Decentralization of governance and financing of public roads in the Philippines in the 1990s
- J Olsson / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2004
- The main purpose of this paper is to describe and evaluate recent practices in Philippine transport infrastructure policies, with emphasis on market-oriented policies and decentralized governance. The researchers in this paper ...
- Benefits (and losses) from rent control in the Philippines: An empirical study of Metro Manila
- M.M. Ballesteros / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2001
- This study examines benefits of rent control law in Metro Manila. The results show that rent control benefits are conditional to occupying a rent-controlled unit and on tenure. The benefits of rent control are found positive...
- Institutions and water – the vital connections
- R.G. Manasan / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2010
- This policy note looks into the current two-tiered system of water governance in the Philippines. It argues that despite the presence of certain national-local interfaces among the institutions involved in water governance, the multip...
- CARP institutional assessment in a Post-2008 transition scenario: implications for Land Administration and Management (LAM)
- M. Ballesteros; F. Cortez / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2008
- The objective of this paper is to present the land administration and management (LAM) issues on CARP and determine the necessary institutional reforms on LAM in view of CARP expiration in 2008. The paper discussed the adverse effects...
- Philippine productivity dynamics in the last five decades and determinants of total factor productivity
- G.M. Llanto / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2012
- Various studies showed that total factor productivity (TFP) has not been a source of growth in the Philippines. It seems that factor accumulation, which is not a sustainable source of growth, has underpinned Philippine economic growth...
- Buying or leasing of election machines by COMELEC
- F.M.A. Quimba / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2013
- Despite the noticeable improvement, and several declarations of the success of the Philippines's’s first automated elections, a number of studies and anecdotal pieces of evidence from news reports were able to document some laps...
- Visions for Philippines 2000: The challenge of economic restructuring toward sustained economic growth
- S. Ponciano / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 1995
- Within the context of “NIC-hood,” this paper advances that the country and the government should understand and situate the parameters of Philippine development. It also asserts that rethinking agricultural development and...
- Assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Cadastral Survey Program of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- G.M. Llanto; M.A.D. Rosellon / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2013
- The slow progress of the Cadastral Survey Program in the Philippines has been associated with implementation issues that have affected the effectiveness and efficiency of the program. A review of the processes, procedures, and existin...
- Bottom-up budgeting process assessment: Agusan del Norte
- D.K.C. Parel; K.C. Detros; C.M.G.R. Salinas / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2015
- The Aquino administration through the Human Development and Poverty Reduction Cluster (HDPRC) and Good Governance and Anti-Corruption Cluster (GGACC) launched the bottom-up budgeting (BUB) exercise in 2012. The strategy hopes to empow...