India and Rising powers in international development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BRICS in an age of multipolarity: sustaining strategic partnerships under difficult economic conditions
- P. Mthembu / Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2017
- Culminating in the formation of the New Development Bank (NDB), which was inaugurated at the Ufa Summit in 2015, the influence of the BRICS countries has now clearly gone beyond the economic arena, with the grouping evolving i...
- Russian BRICS Presidency: models of engagement with international institutions
- M. Larionova / International Organisations Research Journal 2016
- Six years after the first summit in 2009 in Yekaterinburg, the BRICS grouping of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa has established its identity as an informal global governance forum. The members have consistently ...
- Indian economy and demonetisation: way forward
- S. Bhattacharjee / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2017
- The delegalisation of the two highest value currency notes announced by Indian government on November 8th 2016 has created an impact on the economy at a scale which no other piece of policy has rivalled for a long time. ...
- India-Africa seed sector collaboration: emerging prospects and challenges
- T.P. Rajendran; A. Kumar / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- India-Africa seed sector has promises for improving trade with various African nations. This discussion paper analyses the external orientation of the Indian seed industry, institutional architecture for enabling trade of vege...
- The BRICS initiatives towards a new financial architecture: an assessment with some proposals
- S. Sen / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- It is heartening, the author of this paper argues, to observe that developing countries, led by China and other BRICS members have been successful to organise alternative sources of credit flows . aiming for financial stability, growt...
- Financing technology delivery for SDGs: a way forward for TFM
- S. Chaturvedi; S. Saha / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- The importance of Science and Technology (S&T) and availability of innovation driven solutions, particularly to mitigate and address sustainability challenges globally has been a central theme in all important global platforms in ...
- India and Sustainable Development Goals: the way forward
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- India along with other countries has signed the declaration on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, comprising of seventeen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the Sustainable Development Summit of the United Nations in Se...
- Costs of non-cooperation in South Asia: an illustration and way forward
- R.U. Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- The South Asian economic integration has remained afflicted with a narrative that is more often than not a negative one. As a part of this, the arguments put forth include the assertion that the region lacks in trade complemen...
- The development compact: a theoretical construct for South-South cooperation
- S. Chaturvedi / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- Indias development cooperation efforts began soon after the country gained its independence in 1947. Indeed there are some incidences that date back to even pre-independence days. India is strong believer of the fact tha...
- Emergence of LoCs as a modality in India’s development cooperation: evolving policy context and new challenges
- P. Saxena / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- Development cooperation is an integral part of Indias foreign policy and India has been extending cooperation to its fellow developing countries even before its independence in 1947. In present times, Indias deve...