India and Rising powers in international development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Prospects of stronger economic cooperation between the ASEAN and India: implications for the Philippines
- G.M. Llanto / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2015
- This Policy Note explores the prospects and opportunities of a dynamic ASEAN-Indian trade and investment relation. Specifically, it analyzes the greater economic relation between India and the Philippines in the services sector, parti...
- Mid- and long-term plan for promoting innovation and sustainable economic growth in Uzbekistan
- Korea Development Institute 2011
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), a renowned UK economic research institute, chose Uzbekistan as one of the top ten countries expected to grow fast in 2011. It is understood that economic achievements of Uzbekistan have re...
- Financing pattern of Indian corporate sector under liberalisation: with focus on acquiring firms abroad
- P.L. Beena / Centre for Development Studies, Kerala, India 2011
- Indian corporate sector has experienced a paradigm shift over the last two decades with the initiation of certain measures of financial liberalisation. As a result of these policy changes, the ratio of Indian FDI outflows to Indi...
- Australia, India and Japan trilateral: breaking the mould
- V. Ranjan / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- After the first trilateral dialogue between Australia, India and Japan in June 2015, another trilateral process immediately got underway. This paper makes an assessment of the prospects of this new formation in the light of history, c...
- Common futures: India and Africa in partnership
- Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- Africa with its 54 countries is over ten times the size of India but has roughly the same population -- just over one billion people. The demographic structures are also very similar. In India more than fifty percent of the population...
- From response to resilience: adaptation in a global climate agreement
- V. Mathur; A. Mohan / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- Current global climate policy has focused on building consensus around a differentiated roadmap for reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Equally important yet receiving less attention is the need to support adaptation of the most vulner...
- Foreign direct investment and poverty reduction: India in regional context
- M. Agarwal; P. Atri / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- Over the last two decades India has been gradually dismantling capital controls as part of its broader financial liberalisation strategy. However, to what extent openness is beneficial for India remains a matter of debate. It i...
- Territorial disputes: can Japan and Russia reconcile?
- V.M. Chotani; U. Purushothaman / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- The Ukraine crisis may have effectively ended the rapprochement between the US and Russia, and in turn affecting relations such as those of Japan and Russia. Prior to this crisis, and the subsequent Western sanctions on Russia, Tokyo ...
- India Africa partnership in healthcare: accomplishments and propsects
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2015
- In the decades following India’s independence, the principle of South-South cooperation, particularly in the context of the non-aligned movement, has been at the forefront of India’s foreign policy towards Africa. Now, Ind...
- ASEAN-India economic relations: opportunities and challenges
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2014
- India-ASEAN relations have witnessed remarkable growth in recent years. At the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in 2012 in New Delhi, relations were levated to a Strategic Partnership. Relations have also received new momentum under t...