Russian Federation and Rising powers in international development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BRICS initiatives towards a new financial architecture: an assessment with some proposals
- S. Sen / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- It is heartening, the author of this paper argues, to observe that developing countries, led by China and other BRICS members have been successful to organise alternative sources of credit flows . aiming for financial stability, growt...
- The BRICS on the road to COP 21
- BRICS Policy Center / Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas BRICS 2015
- The impact of the actions of the countries that constitute the BRICS goes beyond the scope of the economic sector, reaching, among others, the socio-environmental agenda through issues such as the exploitation of natural resou...
- The New Development Bank: Moving the BRICS from an acronym to an institution
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) is set to issue its first loans in the second quarter of 2016. The bank, the latest addition to the global development finance landscape, was initiated due to a number of factors in emerging econom...
- Social innovation as a tool for enhancing women's resilience to climate change: a look at the BRICS
- P. Cruz; I. Todaro; E. Bizzi / BRICS Policy Center / Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas BRICS 2016
- The BRICS countries face both the challenges of developing nations in facing climate change and bear the responsibility of the developed ones. These countries have been leaders for the developing world in climate negotiations ...
- Making sustainable development the key focus of the BRICS New Development Bank
- T. Bertelsmann-Scott; C. Friis; C. Prinsloo / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- As the New Development Bank (NDB) gears up to extend its first loans in the second quarter of 2016, with its self-stated aim to fund infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies...
- Mid- and long-term plan for promoting innovation and sustainable economic growth in Uzbekistan
- Korea Development Institute 2011
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), a renowned UK economic research institute, chose Uzbekistan as one of the top ten countries expected to grow fast in 2011. It is understood that economic achievements of Uzbekistan have re...
- Drivers of regional integration: value chains, investment and new forms of co-operation
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- This collection of papers is a combined initiative of Economic Policy Forum (EPF) member think tanks and is the result of two round-table discussions under the Regional Integration research stream. The first event, ‘Dr...
- Territorial disputes: can Japan and Russia reconcile?
- V.M. Chotani; U. Purushothaman / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- The Ukraine crisis may have effectively ended the rapprochement between the US and Russia, and in turn affecting relations such as those of Japan and Russia. Prior to this crisis, and the subsequent Western sanctions on Russia, Tokyo ...
- The recalibration of middle powers under conditions of stress and opportunity
- A. Cooper / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- Today’s global environment puts pressure on the so-called middle-power countries to project their identity and national interests. The current paper shows that middle powers have chosen different approaches to reinforce their id...
- Ageing in emerging markets: Emerging Markets Symposium
- The Emerging Markets Symposium 2015
- The rise of emerging markets in the last half century has been associated with violent shifts in the tectonic plates of demography, economics and geography. There will be larger shifts in the next half century as emerging markets are ...