South Africa and Rising powers in international development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Trilateral cooperation in a changing international development landscape
- Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa 2016
- This special edition of Global Dialogue, focused on trilateral cooperation in a changing global development landscape, forms part of a research project undertaken by the Institute for Global Dialogue (IGD), with the financial ...
- South Africa’s state-building role in the DRC: kicking the can down the road
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2017
- As the mooted presidential election in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is postponed to December 2018, South Africas most significant engagement in post-conflict reconstruction and development (PCRD) since i...
- Foreign investment promotion and domestic protection: a balancing act
- C. Markowitz; A. Langalanga / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- South Africa has experienced sluggish economic growth over the last four years. Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth has fallen steadily since 2011, and was down to 1.4% in 2015 and was predicted to drop by another 0.1% in...
- The BRICS initiatives towards a new financial architecture: an assessment with some proposals
- S. Sen / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- It is heartening, the author of this paper argues, to observe that developing countries, led by China and other BRICS members have been successful to organise alternative sources of credit flows . aiming for financial stability, growt...
- Deepening trade and investment relations post-AGOA: three options for South Africa
- C. Prinsloo; C. Ncube / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- As the US and Africa look to engage at the 2016 annual African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) Forum under the theme of Maximizing AGOA Now While Preparing for the Future beyond AGOA, two pertinent issues come to...
- South Africa in Africa: the dilemmas of foreign policy and human rights
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2016
- The Centre for Confl ict Resolution (CCR), Cape Town, South Africa, and the Johannesburg-based Foundation for Human Rights (FHR) hosted two public dialogues in Cape Town, one on 11 April 2016 on South Africa in Africa: National ...
- Macroeconomic policy in times of slow growth and crisis
- S. Seguino / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa 2016
- South Africa faces a series of macroeconomic challenges in the coming months that will strain its ability to address its most pressing need more jobs. The macroeconomic policy approach taken in the recent time period largely ad...
- South African and the DRC: evaluating a South–South partnership for peace, governance and development
- N.A. Besharati; C. Rawhani / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The Rise of the South* and the role of emerging powers in global development has animated much of the political and economic discourse of the past decade. There is, however, little empirical evidence on the con...
- The BRICS on the road to COP 21
- BRICS Policy Center / Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas BRICS 2015
- The impact of the actions of the countries that constitute the BRICS goes beyond the scope of the economic sector, reaching, among others, the socio-environmental agenda through issues such as the exploitation of natural resou...
- The contribution of low-carbon cities to South Africa's greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals: briefing on urban energy use and greenhouse gas emissions
- P. Wolpe; Y. Reddy / Stockholm Environment Institute 2015
- South Africa is ranked among the worlds top 12 largest carbon dioxide (CO2) emitters, largely due to dependence on plentiful coal for electricity generation and an energy-intensive industrial and mining sector. Under the Copenha...