Ethiopia and Nutrition
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Climate shocks, food and nutrition security: evidence from the Young Lives cohort study
- P. Dornan; M.J.O. Portela; K. Pells / Oxfam 2014
- Many people living in poor communities in Ethiopia, India (particularly, Andhra Pradesh), Peru and Vietnam experience climatic shocks such as droughts and floods, and are often faced with issues of food insecurity. D...
- Predictors of nutritional status of Ethiopian adolescent girls: a community based cross sectional study
- M.M. Wassie; A.A. Gete; M.E. Yesuf / BMC Nutrition 2015
- Malnutrition is a major health issue affecting children, women and adolescents globally and developing countries in particular. Adolescence is a time of enormous physiological, cognitive, and psychosocial change but it remain a neglec...
- Evaluation of the social cash transfer pilot programme, Tigray region, Ethiopia
- G. Berhane; S. Devereux; J. Hoddinott / United Nations Children's Fund 2015
- In 2011, the Bureau of Labour and Social Affairs (BoLSA), Regional Government of Tigray, with support from the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), introduced the Social Cash Transfer Pilot Programme (SCTPP) in two woredas, ...
- Qualitative research and analyses of the economic impacts of cash transfer programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa
- P. Pozarny; V. Barca; S. Brook / Food and Agriculture Organization Corporate Document Repository 2015
- This report synthesizes the analysis and findings of a set of six country case studies that explore the impact of cash transfer (CT) programmes on household economic decision-making and the local economy in sub-Saharan Africa. ...
- Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in East Africa: LANEA Study Brief
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2015
- This Brief presents the findings of the Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in East Africa (LANEA) initiative in Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. LANEA investigates opportunities and challenges to scaling up nutrition through a...
- Prevalence and correlates of prenatal vitamin A deficiency in rural Sidama, Southern Ethiopia
- S.G Gebreselassie; F.E Gase; M.U Deressa / Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition 2013
- Vitamin A is an essential micronutrient required for the normal functioning of the vision system, immunity, epithelial integrity, cellular differentiation, growth and development, and possibly reproduction. The World Health Organizati...
- Practices and Challenges of Growth Monitoring and Promotion in Ethiopia: A Qualitative Study
- S.M. Bilal; A. Moser; R. Blanco / Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition 2014
- The use of growth monitoring and promotion (GMP) has become widespread. It is a potential contributor towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals of halving hunger and reducing child mortality by two-thirds within 2015. Ye...
- Therapeutic feeding programme coverage assessment report Wadela woreda, North Wollo zone, Amhara Regional State, Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Public Health Institute 2010
- Ethiopia has one of the highest under-five mortality rates, with malnutrition contributing to more than half of all child deaths. The 2005 Demographic and Health Survey revealed that, even when humanitarian requirements are at their l...
- Assessment of Iodine Deficiency Disorder (IDD) in Womberma and Burie Districts, West Gojjam Zone, Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Public Health Institute 2010
- The objective of this study is to assess the situation of Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) by conducting clinical examination for goiter, urinary iodide level determination, assessment of goiterogenic factors and availability of ioda...
- Nutrition baseline survey report for the national nutrition program of Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Public Health Institute 2009
- Due to a high prevalence of malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies in Ethiopia, the Ethiopian Government approved the country’s first-ever National Nutrition Strategy (NNS) in February 2008 to address these issues. Followin...