South Africa and Nutrition
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- How effective is the South African School Nutrition Programme?
- R.A. Wildeman; N. Mbebetho / Institute for Democracy in South Africa 2005
- The South African School Nutrition Programme was established in 1994 to address the food needs of impoverished school children. However, researchers are divided about the policy value of the school nutrition programme, with one group ...
- Micronutrient deficiency in overall decline across Asia but iron still lacking
- United Nations University 2004
- Published by the United Nations University, this special issue of the Food and Nutrition Bulletin reports on a study of successful micronutrient programmes in eleven countries across South and South-East Asia, with additional particip...