Uganda and Conflict and security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS conflict collection
- Search for the latest conflict-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- War and peace in the Great Lakes Region
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2016
- The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR), Cape Town, South Africa, hosted a two-day policy research seminar in Cape Town, from 19 to 20 March 2016, on the theme War and Peace in the Great Lakes Region. The meeting ...
- The East African energy frontier, a decade on
- A. Hayman / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The East Africa region has seen some of the decade s largest natural gas and energy finds. However, despite their magnitude, these discoveries have yet to fulfil the promise of social and economic progress. With some sig...
- Violent extremism in Africa: public opinion from the Sahel, Lake Chad, and the Horn
- Afrobarometer 2016
- Over the past two decades, the threat posed by violent extremist groups that espouse fundamentalist religious narratives has grown substantially across Africa (Hallowanger, 2014). The colonial era and the undemocratic rule tha...
- When refugees cannot return home: A conflict conundrum in Africa’s Great Lakes region
- K.F. Tunda / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2016
- The large number of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the Great Lakes region poses immense challenges to peacebuilding processes within the countries affected, as well as in that entire conflict system. An influx of ...
- The role of social protection programmes in supporting education in conflict-affected situations
- R. Holmes / UNESDOC: Online UNESCO documents 2010
- This background paper examines the role of social protection programmes in supporting education in conflict-affected contexts. It looks at the impact, design and implementation issues of social protection programme experience in ...
- Rebuilding health systems in conflict-affected states: northern Uganda
- ReBUILD Consortium 2015
- This case study examines whether health system reconstruction in northern Uganda has promoted equality and created a health system that is gender equitable. Measuring the health system against the World Health Organization’s six...
- Ekoi and Etem in Karamoja - A study of decision-making in a post-conflict society
- Karamoja Action Research Team; P. Scott-Villiers / Institute of Development Studies UK 2013
- This book presents the findings of a nine-month action research process in Karamoja. Over the months, the broad topics of the research – land, peace and customary law – were refined to three precise areas of focus on how d...
- Effectiveness of community-led security mechanisms in urban Eastern Africa: a research agenda
- Centre for Human Rights and Policy Studies 2015
- In many African states, even in those states not afflicted by conflicts from the beginning, in reality, the state never managed to impose a monopoly on security. Moreover, in many cases the African states never developed ‘public...
- Security and governance in the Great Lakes Region: seminar report
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2015
- The Great Lakes region – focusing largely around Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Rwanda, and Uganda – is central not only to Africa’s geography but also to continental security and governance. ...
- Forgiveness: unveiling an asset for peacebuilding
- Refugee Law Project, Uganda 2015
- Within the international community – international lawyers, human rights activists, officials of international organizations, and the staff of NGOs focused on peace-building – forgiveness is little understood, widely ignor...